Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VLBA facility and vehicles damaged on Mauna Kea
Wasn't this covered already by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vi6Ikehxw&feature=youtu.be

This guy is really a hero. He knows there is the 623Hz hate signal coming from Mauna Kea transmitters, blocking the 528Hz love signal that should be radiating unobstructed from the sacred Puna Steam Vents and filling the whole island with aloha. He was just trying to smash the evil Mauna Kea transmitters so aloha can flow once again. Aloha warriors, must smash.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
The problem with highly charged controversies like TMT is they are a magnet for nut jobs looking for a controversy to join for instant publicity for their personal issues. Like the crazy white woman months back who kept going up there and stripping naked. Or the white college instructor of Hawaiian studies who suddenly became more Hawaiian than Hawaiians and filed lawsuits as a 'native'.

I think this particular incident is nothing more than someone with a psychiatric or substance problem. Unfortunately, as long as TMT is a hot controversy, there are plenty more where this one came from. It may not always end as happily. We on both sides need to try to keep the temperature down for that reason alone. When I see the bumper stickers to 'Defend Hawaii' with a Kalashnikov rifle, it worries me. What, exactly, do these people think Hawaii needs defending with automatic weapons? From people like me? Is this the next phase? Are things really about to get that crazy everywhere?

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.
I wonder if it gives the anti-telescope people pause when they realize they are on the same side as the lunatics.
No, probably not.
"Like the crazy white woman months back who kept going up there and stripping naked. Or the white college instructor of Hawaiian studies who suddenly became more Hawaiian than Hawaiians and filed lawsuits as a 'native'."

I'm struggling to understand why the color of someone's skin plays a role in this. Surely we're beyond that now?
There was supposed to be a hearing on Thu 21st April after Coleman underwent a mental evaluation, but it seems the court instructions were received by one of the doctors after the deadline set for the results.

Sigh...
why the color of someone's skin plays a role

It does -- everyone wants to hang out with old Ben Franklin until their skin turns green too.
The case was reset to May 17th. Coleman was being held at OCCC but there was a miscommunication between the court, prosecutor and OCCC which meant the defendant wasn't present for the hearing.

You really couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

The hearing has been rescheduled for May 31st.
You really couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Living here means you don't have to -- it's included with your tax/fee payments!
The latest news I'm aware of, gleaned from the online Hawaii court website.

Coleman is out on bail ($84,000), has been declared mentally fit for trial and that the trial will start this Wednesday (13th July). I think the trial is in Hilo.
The defendant (Coleman) chose to have a non-jury trial. The outcome was that the state was not able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not mentally ill at the time of the attack so has been given a conditional release. So that's it unless there's an appeal. Most of the conditions are what you'd expect: no guns, alcohol, illegal drugs etc plus has to attend counseling and must take medications prescribed to him. In addition he cannot approach those he attacked or the VLBA facility.

The info is from the Ho'ohika online court system:

http://hoohiki.courts.hawaii.gov/#/search

Case ID is 3PC161000181. The information is under the court minutes list tab.

ETA court info and fix a typo.