Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court remands TMT sublease
Three space targets destroyed tonight with two more turning back.

First Tom, I'd like to thank you for keeping us all safe under the protective shield of Mauna Kea. With cool multi-colored lasers.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of quick questions. You might have read recently Hillary Clinton and her campaign chairman John Podesta promised to declassify and release government UFO files if she is elected president.

1. It may be too soon (she's not president yet), but on average, how many space targets would you say are terrestrial, and how many alien?
2. And of the alien incoming, do you have any breakdown of interplanetary (Martians, Jovian), interstellar (Klingons, Romulans), and intergalactic (Andromeda Strain)?

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Not to be on-topic or anything, but

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...challenged

Protectors believe the BLNR should have held a public hearing to determine whether there would be a contested case before deciding to hire an officer to preside over that contested case.

Mildly ironic, considering that the protectors demanded a contested case hearing in the first place -- you would think they'd be more supportive of BLNR's choice of officer.

September is less than 6 months away...
the way you drone on about building permits and government ineptness

Difference being, I haven't filed any legal action ... yet.

Not to be on-topic or anything, but
Protectors believe the BLNR should have held a public hearing to determine whether there would be a contested case before deciding to hire an officer to preside over that contested case.

Considering the absurd lengths some will go to post articles completely unrelated to the TMT while implying they are related, and the endless string of circus-like court acrobatics by the Protectors, I don't think it hurts to introduce a dose of sensibleness to the conversation. UFOs.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The irony is almost painful ... State wants to build a satellite launch facility when they can't even settle a simple land-use for TMT.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...e-launches

The interest in the Big Island stems from other aerospace initiatives located here, such as the 'Imiloa Astronomy Center and Mauna Kea's telescopes.

"The bill would be a market study to be done over the next couple of years to validate the interest," PISCES Executive Director Robert Kelso said Wednesday. He added the resulting study would not be based on any particular Hawaii location, although the bill’s language is specific to the Big Island.

State Sen. Lorraine Inouye ... said Tuesday she requested the feasibility study include environmental impact.
State Sen. Lorraine Inouye ... requested the feasibility study include environmental impact.

Her family may be in the top 5 on island for application of pesticide spray on their large flower and ornamental farms. Over several generations. But it's OK, and legal because the government (of which she's part) allows it.

Always scrutinize environmental impact in the rear view mirror, among those who want to follow your lead.

"1. It may be too soon (she's not president yet), but on average, how many space targets would you say are terrestrial, and how many alien?
2. And of the alien incoming, do you have any breakdown of interplanetary (Martians, Jovian), interstellar (Klingons, Romulans), and intergalactic (Andromeda Strain)?
"

In anticipation of a Trump presidency, we just blast anything that approaches too closely to smithereens, no questions asked. So, sorry, I can't answer your question.
This seems a very reasonable request to me:

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...se-hearing

"HONOLULU (AP) — The nonprofit corporation that wants to build a giant telescope atop Mauna Kea is asking to participate in a hearing about the project’s construction permit.

Thirty Meter Telescope officials filed the request earlier this month with the state land board. According to the motion, TMT International Observatory should be a party in the proceeding because it stands to lose the most if a permit is not issued.
"
Once again The Hawaiians or protectors are not against the building of the TMT or science. They only ask that it is built in a different location than atop its revered or sacred mountain. This seems like a very reasonable request to me, Especially given their long respectful history and rich culture with the mountain would stand to lose the most once the TMT is built atop Maunakea, Jmo.

http://www.bronsonkaahui.com/2015/04/08/tmt/

Jmo here, I still feel that its been the operation or reputation of the many past and presently illegal rubber-stamped telescopes that have been atop Maunakea that has cost the TMT project the most, and not the many kapu-aloha protectors.
They only ask that it is built in a different location than atop its revered or sacred mountain.

Next-best location is also a sacred mountaintop in Hawaii, complete with its own protectors -- so what they're really asking is "anywhere but Hawaii" -- which translates to "somewhere outside the US".