Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County offer?
Sounds like some pretty good deals at this county auction.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
"The county and realtor are encouraging us to buy back our home at the county auction for less, or take their offer and buy again closer to the geothermal power plant if we want."

There are times I just have to hold my head in my hands.
Gotta cal BS on gypsy69's post.

Did some fact checking with the Realtor of record and the County.
The reply from the Realtor:

Aloha,

Thank you for your email. It is true that we just sent out a batch of offers as approved by the County regarding the Geothermal Relocation. These letters went out to the next group on the waiting list who had submitted an interest and were deemed approved by the County for relocation.

However, no statement has ever been made regarding a participant to buy back at auction to the best of my knowledge. In fact in reading Article 35 regarding the Geothermal Asset Fund, there are two statements that I shall highlight. In section 2-176 (b) It states that "...for the purpose of compensating persons impacted by geothermal energy development activities..." and in Section 2-177 it states "The planning department is hereby authorized to establish a geothermal relocation and community benefits program for the relocation of owner-occupants residing near the Puna Geothermal Venture's plant and who want to be permanently relocated....." So for someone to state they are "impacted" by the geothermal, sign onto a law to be "permanently" relocated and then to buy back at auction appears to me to be disallowed and most unethical.

Mahalo

Well Mr scrooge (Obie) are you happy now that you got your reply from the county?

What I stated was accurate and the truth period... The county has already allowed others on the list in the past do exactly what I said. The Clark realtor I spoke with over the phone told me I would be allowed to buy back my place at the auction. She also told me we could buy something else in this area with the county buyout money, as options of course.
The county knows the cheapest properties or homes on the island or in the state are surrounding Ormat's geothermal power plant here in lower puna. If the county wanted to help people or families relocate then why lower the buyout offer and not include any real relocation expenses? Note to county, Actions can and do speak louder than words.

Really the problem again seems to be a lack of communication between all parties involved in this county Transaction process, jmo.
We have never had anyone from the county or Clark Realty come by to meet us, or take a look at our property. Yet the contract offer states after "CAREFUL CONSIDERATION" they came up with this offer for our home,hmm. Maybe they meant they considered the "2014"assessed value carefully?

Obie"forum police" you owe Gypsy an apology and I am easy to find here. I am not writing B.S about this county offer process or the way the realtor contract was written, or what has been said over the phone along the way.

Edited to add the words you and county for Obie
If the county wanted to help people or families relocate then why lower the buyout offer and not include any real relocation expenses?

Again: if County really wanted to "help", they would work with State to upzone all the pre-PGV properties; once these doubled (or tripled) in value, those people would have lots of options.

Unfortunately, PGV isn't in Hilo.
Gypsy, you certainly have my sympathies in this difficult time. It's hard to make big decisions in a short time frame. You might want to ask a real estate agent from another company to give you their valuation on your home to see if it's more beneficial selling privately instead of taking the offer. Explain the situation to them - good agents would do it just for the good will and in hopes that you'd list with them. If you want out soon, tell them you want to know what a good asking price would be for a quick sale. Then at least you can compare that with the offer from the county.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
gypsy - you have stated in the past that you had your home listed for sale. While you didn't mention the asking price, one must assume that your asking price then was too high. A property is worth what someone is willing to pay.Is this county offer that much less than what you were asking before? Subtract the real estate agent fees. Why did it not sell before?
Ha
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

Well Mr scrooge (Obie) are you happy now that you got your reply from the county?

What I stated was accurate and the truth period... The county has already allowed others on the list in the past do exactly what I said. The Clark realtor I spoke with over the phone told me I would be allowed to buy back my place at the auction. She also told me we could buy something else in this area with the county buyout money, as options of course.
The county knows the cheapest properties or homes on the island or in the state are surrounding Ormat's geothermal power plant here in lower puna. If the county wanted to help people or families relocate then why lower the buyout offer and not include any real relocation expenses? Note to county, Actions can and do speak louder than words.

Really the problem again seems to be a lack of communication between all parties involved in this county Transaction process, jmo.
We have never had anyone from the county or Clark Realty come by to meet us, or take a look at our property. Yet the contract offer states after "CAREFUL CONSIDERATION" they came up with this offer for our home,hmm. Maybe they meant they considered the "2014"assessed value carefully?

Obie"forum police" you owe Gypsy an apology and I am easy to find here. I am not writing B.S about this county offer process or the way the realtor contract was written, or what has been said over the phone along the way.

Edited to add the words you and county for Obie

"The county and realtor are encouraging us to buy back our home at the county auction for less, or take their offer and buy again closer to the geothermal power plant if we want."
This would be collusion between the county, the realty and you, accusing them of a major crime. If this is true, it would be something for the Department of Justice to investigate, implicating the county council, since it is their relocation program. DoJ does have an anonymous tip line.

https://www.justice.gov/atr/price-fixing...on-schemes

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*