Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County offer?
This was one of the last or most recent articles that helped explain the status of the relocation program or process.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...-pick-soon

We were under the impression someone was going to meet with us to discuss the relocation, didn't happen. We were also under the impression that the buyout of up to 130% was going to be considered since all others received this up to this point in time. We feel a bit slighted and somewhat backed into a corner by the county because of these new changes, developments, and time deadlines we were never made aware of until the other day.

This recent article might explain why some of the relocation funds have been disappearing the past few years?

http://deepgreenresistancehawaii.org/geothermal/

We can't figure it out, Is councilman illigan for or against the relocation program?

Edit to add questions, notes, and link.

We don't think these changes in the county planning dept helped the folks who were already on this geothermal relocation list. We feel this way because Mr Kanuha may have worked many years for large corporate interests rather than individuals or families best interests,jmo. We really don't know much about either Ms Todd or Mr Kanuha or what they stand for, would anyone care to share what they know about either respective leader?

http://bigislandnow.com/2013/07/10/counc...head-todd/

Found an interesting article here that also follows up some geothermal relocation questions and answers with a part two.

http://bigislandnow.com/2013/05/31/analy...rt-1-of-2/

Edit to add link to make an easier reference, try.

Just take your money and run before the relocation fund runs out of money again.
I read a newspaper article a couple years back about some guy who sold his house to the county for 'relocation', then bought it back from them for a steal at auction to use as a rental property.

He said he felt like he was doing nothing wrong.

I am amazed that this program is still active.

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.
Imagetek

Go back in the thread, this was gypsys plan as well. Then go back through the last 100 entries of his in the forum, and you start to wonder if he's either a troll or a hypocrite. I'm pretty convinced of the latter. His posts are filled with lots of "jmo" on what good citizens others should be, then in this one, involving his own home, he admits to wanting to scam the County for some serious Tubmans. Hey gypsy, cut the observatories a little slack, they're all contributing to the common good, your scam is not.
I can now better understand your empathy for Boulder rolling disobedience. You have no respect for authority, just another aggrieved shadow dweller looking to grift an advantage.
Hope your son thrives at Princeton and leaves all this behind.
If the county is buying properties as part of a relocation program, he is entitled to take part. If the county subsequently puts the house up for auction, why would he be the only one not entitled to take part? The program is compensation for allowing a geothermal plant to be put in close proximity to an existing subdivision (whether or not there should be compensation is a matter for debate, I suppose, as there seem to be a number of opinions on that topic)

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
If the county subsequently puts the house up for auction, why would he be the only one not entitled to take part?

Because the funding statement says it is for those who want to be permanently relocated:

...authorized to establish a geothermal relocation and community benefits program for the relocation of owner-occupants residing near the Puna Geothermal Venture's plant and who want to be permanently relocated...

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks for all the advice and opinions regarding our current county buyout situation PW.
We can assure you hilopuna, that we had in no way any intentions of scamming the county through this buyout,auction process. We have wanted to relocate for years now and not once did we consider buying again in this area of lower puna or even this island for that matter. We have to move away from here to be able to live again without anxiety, fear, and our own many health questions. We have five children who help us make the best life decisions we can daily, in no way do we want to continue raising them here on this property or close to this geothermal power plant. If there was Ever Any communication between the county, realty, and US then they would have known our relocation intentions were always and still are pure.

We have to move away from here to be able to live again without anxiety, fear, and our own many health questions.

Have you considered Canada?
"The county and realtor are encouraging us to buy back our home at the county auction for less, or take their offer and buy again closer to the geothermal power plant if we want."

"If there was Ever Any communication between the county, realty, and US then they would have known our relocation intentions were always and still are pure."

So which of these statements is true ?