Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County offer?
Top of the morning Obie.

To answer your question, both statements are true.

This is how its gone thus far. We had never met or talked to anyone from the county or Clark realty since we put our property on the relocation list several years ago. Then last week when we received the buyout offer, deadline, I called the realtor to ask several questions and started this thread. We have tried to be as open, honest and transperant about this entire process here on PW as to not leave our homeland with the negativity or community scamming questions others on this list have relocated with in the past.
We do appreciate your concern and questions Obie, it does allow us a chance to share this relocation process with the community and we do feel large buyouts like these affect or impacts all of us in many ways. Mahalo.

We have to move away from here

gypsy, if you don't mind my asking, where have you considered moving to? Another island? Mainland?

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HOTPE, I never mind you asking a question especially on this forum. What's funny is We have spent thousands of sleepless nights thinking exactly that same question. We have three locations in mind and they are all on the mainland. We would like to be closer to, or share in our oldest sons new educational opertunities while also creating other educational opportunities for our younger children. To be honest with you we both (better half and I) have reached the ages that its no longer about us but more about the keiki. Growing up here like we have We will always hold puna, the big island, and Hawaii dear in our hearts for the remainder of our lives. Its going to be hard to leave and we will miss our home, family, and friends. Mahalo for asking hotpe.
gypsy

My basis for comment was your original statement;

".... We are very excited and blessed to have several other options on the family table and the county did provide us with that. The county and realtor are encouraging us to buy back our home at the county auction for less, or take their offer and buy again closer to the geothermal power plant if we want...."

How would a reading of this not conclude that you were considering taking advantage of the stated options? Emphasis on "taking advantage".
Hilopuna, no big deal.

I did take a little offense to the words you used "admitted" or "wanted" to scam the county, which is not our intentions or priority to relocate. The realtor gave me those options over the phone after I asked if we could negotiate the buyout offer or expect a counter offer if we turned this first one down? The answer the realtor gave me to those questions were "no the county offer is a one time offer with a choice to resign OR not back onto the geothermal relocation list if we reject the offer. Then she tried to ease my concern with those other options mentioned in question.
"Then she tried to ease my concern with those other options mentioned in question."

No she didn't ! She did not suggest that you sell and re-buy your own property !!

Why would you even bring this up.You have long contended that PGV is killing you and your family.
"We have three locations in mind and they are all on the mainland. We would like to be closer to, or share in our oldest sons new educational opertunities while also creating other educational opportunities for our younger children."

I find it interesting that someone who is so concerned about living near PGV has no problem moving to an area with several nuclear power plants plus the experimental nuclear labs at Princeton. I think I'll have to check the equivalent of Punatalk in Princeton to see if someone starts complaining about the health effects of those power stations and labs and if there is a scheme to be relocated.
why are you still here?
Me?
OP