Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County offer?
Gypsy, have you asked Dr. Friday about this theory of yours?

I am sure you are well aware that mutations can happen without an extreme event... and that our islands endemic diversity relies on this fact (I am sure that even you would not think to state that the honeycreeper diversity in Hawaii is due to "environmental changes in the area", which, in your volumes of past threads seems to include PGV, GMO, pesticides (which you have even admitted in past treads to use!)

Remember, you were just trying to tie the SPREAD of RODS to things like PGV..... more than likely it is pretty much a human spread, as the cases have followed our traffic (foot, & vehicular) patterns more than anything else...
But I am sure you are already well aware of this... If not, PLEASE get back in contact with Dr. Friday!
Mutations happen all the time, with or without changes in the environment. Many mutations are fatal to the organism, some don't make much difference, and some help an organism survive better. That's evolution.

A friend suggested that fire ants are spreading ROD by farming some critter that transmits the fungus. That's an interesting theory, too.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
C'mon Gypsy, don't give up now! I'm sure you got one more dissembled narrative, one more obtuse explanation, and at least one more ungrounded theory.....
Gyp69 has posted many times about a circle of death in his yard and his property is ground zero for ROD.

He has admitted that he worked with Robert Petricci salvaging wood.

Could these people have unearthed the virus that is now decimating our Ohias ???

jmo
AND Gypsy has admitted to using poisons around albezia trees "I machete, poison, even pull as many as I can yet there's more today than last year", when complaining about Ohia dieback, then wonders if pestcides could have caused the dieback....hmmm... given the circular thinking used here, perhaps Gypsy is well aware that the "poison" that they spread on albezia would cause mutations....

Course I have as much flimsy evidences in accusing Gypsy of creating the fungus strain that is causing the chia dieback, as Gypsy has had in blaming everything else on it...

Oh wait...I do have the words from Gypsy that poison was used on trees, by Gypsy.... Kept in a PDF file... as I was doing research on the dieback at the time, as I am sure Gypsy was aware...
"C'mon Gypsy, don't give up now! I'm sure you got one more dissembled narrative, one more obtuse explanation, and at least one more ungrounded theory....."

You needn't worry, HiloPuna, Gypsy is doing his best to post stupid stuff in other threads. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is to try and bury this thread.
I machete, poison, even pull as many as I can

Did you also bleach your boots and tools while wandering around the jungle, or just leave them filthy with ROD?
Top of the morning TomK.
Just like you at 3:30 A.M to look for someone to kick around a little, maybe you just ran out of alcohol again. This Thread is not going to be buried anytime soon Tomk, the next episode will be worth your popcorn and six-pack.

Carey, mahalo for the reality check and the return look at the blame game. Just so you know, which I am pretty sure you do... I Have killed many albezia trees, most of the time using a machete very low on the tree if they can't be pulled first. Only twice have I been part of a larger albezia tree removal process that required the end use of poison on the left over tree stump. IN both cases I was Helping friends who didn't even live around ground zero of the RoD, they live in PPark. Also the RoD had already been around for a couple years, so I seriously doubt I started this RoD with either of those tree kills.

As for the county offer update, the ball is on the county's side of the court going through what is their negotiation process. We can only play by their rules, so we are doing what they are asking us to do in this county negotiation process. We do have an appointment or Two this week to meet with our district reps as advised in this current county-geothermal relocation process. Trying to stay positive throughout this relocation experience has proved to be difficult at times.
I do apologize for the highjacking of my own thread to return to the ugly blame game. During the past 17 years of living near the geothermal operations may have contributed to my negative brain clouds, fear, and frustration. I must admit that Even when I feel an earthquake, hear a rumble, smell a rotten easter egg, or see the ROD I do think about geothermal before pele. A move or relocation for my family away from the geothermal operations has probably been long overdue.

If you really want to move away so badly, why not list the house for sale? If it is worth $170,000 as you stated in the first post on this thread, wouldn't that be the best way to sell it rather than settle for a much lower county offer?
Leilanidude, great question.

It's true, We have had two higher offers in the past couple of years for our place than what the counties current offer is.