Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appliances
Our stainless steel JennAir side by side isn't the smooth stainless either. It does feel brushed and I will not bring it with us.

Tim my vote is plane old white, or is that vanilla!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
plain janes for us also but it sure was fun finding out that America is still strong at selling the sizzle and not the steak.

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Thanks Allen! Aloha Mella,

Yup, a "take out" is a used appliance that has been removed. Sometimes it seems the appliances taken out are better than the ones you can buy these days. We were second in line to get one of those old porcelin over cast iron double sinks with drainboards on each side, but we didn't get that. Sigh! Oh well, there are still a few garage sales between now and when the kitchen will be done.

We see quite a few windows at garage sales. Usually they will order the wrong size or too many of them or a change in plans will leave an extra window. That doesn't seem to happen as often with doors, I don't know why.

The nice things about used appliances is they are cheap enough you don't care if they rust. If they get too icky, put them in the carport or paint them. A little ospho to stop the rust and then a bit of imagination and enamel paint and you have not only a refrigerator, but a work of art as well. Or just plain old vanilla, ecru, eggshell, taupe, white, cream, or whatever the color is called.

A hui hou,
Cathy

A hui hou,
Cathy

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Well just some info on what we plan to do with our one day new sears appliances. Gene will use a car polish on the appliances to protect them. Dish washer, clothes washer and dryer, stove, oven, refer and micro. This polish we use on our autos, and it is fantastic in its performance and used extensively on show cars. It pools rain on our outdoor cars for 6 to 8 months depending on the application. Just one more idea. www.zainostore.com

Aloha, Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella, do you know if you can get the polish in HI? Their shipping note has a "Shipping in 47 states" note...do they tack on a huge HI shipping charge? Stuff looks interesting, have you guys used it? ( I am historically a paste wax user, but I have have tried others)
Aloha, Carey

Hi Carey, Yes we use it on our cars and I have used the clay bar on windows too. Gene is checking with the owner to answer your shipping question. If worse comes to worse we will bring over some extra in June hopefully. It really is an awesome product in our opinion. Will let you know what we find out.

Aloha, Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella, Thanks! Aloha, Carey

Carey here is an Oahu distributor for Zaino.

For all Hawaii orders. I have set up an official Hawaii distributor of Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish Products. For your convenience you can
order directly from him.
Contact;
The Shop
Joie Yuen
Aiea, HI 96701
808-487-7467
Email: aejj@verizon
This message was from Sal Zaino, of Zaino Bros.
We will be bringing some to use on the Travel Trailer appliances and also the appliances for our home. This isn't the least expensive product, but it is superior and does go very far.

Now for wood furniture, which I will bring very little, I'm considering using bees wax. Any other suggestions for wood furniture?

Aloha, Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
If you really want get off on how great that polish is, try it on some your bathroom marble or other cultured products in the bathroom vanities/sinks/tiles it is a finish and feel Garaunteed to put a smile on your face. Compliments come open house time will be plentiful. Smile)

HADave

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

One thing to remember that I didn't see mentioned in this sting yet, is that even though some maybe getting stainless steel appliances, you still have three sides to them that are not covered with it. Our Sears Kenmore refirgerator rusted out oll the way down the back where the freezer drain was. We have since replaced it a year ago with the Trio. We really like it, freezer on the bottom, french door on the top, in white.

I have read where some have put a clear coat of paint sprayed on a new appliance. I think that helps also. Some use a marine wax too.
Has anone noticed where most appliances rust out, which part? Is it near the motor, the bottom of the front door Or anything that you can tell in general. The place where i stayed in Kailua had a dishwasher that was badly rusted on the bottom, the refridgerator had little spots mostly on the bottom. I think it was about 800 ft. elevation level. I don;t know about the sides of appliances which are hidden by cabinets? Do you need to apply more layers of wax to any certain parts of them that are more prone to rust?

Thanks,
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!