Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadband and Wireless Access
I've been pretty satisfied with Oceanic (I'm on the Hamakua side.) I just tested on speedtest.net using the Hawaii Telcom server: 358.46 Mbps Down, and 23.40 Mbps Up using a wired connection to a PC. I'm a Netflix subscriber so a more important speed test site is theirs: http://fast.com -- I tested at 95 Mbps Down. We've run multiple streams at my place -- including 4K mixed in without buffering on Neflix. I just hope Charter doesn't screw things up.
Same as macu'u here - lower HPP - Aloha Broadband - I now get betw. 2 and 3 Mbps down, closer to 2. I'm really getting sick of being treated like a 2nd class citizen down here.
Call Oceanic, broadband is being expanded in HPP.
Not on the lower hpp dead end streets. Were lucky to have power. Aloha broadband does not have any data caps but they're overpopulated (in hpp) which causes bandwidth to slow to a crawl on evenings and weekends.
Oceanic is on some of the streets at the bottom of HPP, as well. I pay for 100/10. I usually test around 85 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up. Never had any problems....so far.
I hope you're right, PaulW. I'm on dead-end of 3rd. There were some rumors a few weeks back that they were going to expand here. It's been some time since I've called Oceanic. If anyone has a specific number to call that might be more useful than main #, please let us know.
best to chat with time warner installer to get a full rundown, as the people on Oahu, don't seem to know anything. Even going into the building in Hilo wasn't much help.

Just find a truck that is working in your area, they are pretty friendly and may even drive over to hook you up if you ask nicely! Big Grin