Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
macuu222, patience is a key component. The GM is overwhelmed with work orders. I've heard the numbers during his GM report at board mtgs and he's been apologetic at what he's able to accomplish each month.
The bond money for paving has been depleted but the payment remains. (yes we were snookered) Now, there simply is not enough money to maintain our roads and further pave at the same time.
Luckily, we have had a rather wet summer and the awful dust experienced in previous years has been less of a problem this year.
We view our road as part of our home environment...our investment. It took some doing but several of us on our road took it upon ourselves to clear our overgrown street corner, rid our street easement of rocks, large weeds and overhanging vegetation. My husband mows both sides of 1/2 of our road with his riding lawnmower each week. Another neighbor mows most of the other half of our street. Another neighbor has even had a couple of our street pukas filled at his own expense. Two streets away, another neighbor maintains his street corner for site safety.
quote:
Originally posted by reni

The bond money for paving has been depleted but the payment remains. (yes we were snookered) Now, there simply is not enough money to maintain our roads and further pave at the same time.
Luckily, we have had a rather wet summer and the awful dust experienced in previous years has been less of a problem this year.
We view our road as part of our home environment...our investment. It took some doing but several of us on our road took it upon ourselves to clear our overgrown street corner, rid our street easement of rocks, large weeds and overhanging vegetation. My husband mows both sides of 1/2 of our road with his riding lawnmower each week. Another neighbor mows most of the other half of our street. Another neighbor has even had a couple of our street pukas filled at his own expense. Two streets away, another neighbor maintains his street corner for site safety.

If we didn't have to pay a big road fee to HPP maintaining your road yourself would make sense, but people are paying a lot of money every year for road maintenance and are getting nothing back. We shouldn't have to both pay annually and do it ourselves to have a drivable road.
They were mowing along the ocean road today (Ala Heiau).
Yes... I walk by there everyday. And that really needed mowing. I guess things are slowly getting done
people are paying a lot of money every year for road maintenance and are getting nothing back

Check out the roads in downtown Hilo. Then ask what County did with your tax dollars.
If we didn't have to pay a big road fee to HPP maintaining your road yourself would make sense, but people are paying a lot of money every year for road maintenance and are getting nothing back. We shouldn't have to both pay annually and do it ourselves to have a drivable road.

I'm with you with the shoulds and oughts.........reality is ,if we want our street's easement maintained, we do it ourselves .
I envy the subdivisions that only have one group claiming to be the "real" road board.
May I ask a question?

If there is no road maintanence and roads are decaying so much that some owners are fixing them at their own cost, WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU PAYING almost 300 a lot?....

Be nice...
Fill another form...

What about placing the darnned place into recievership?? What about not paying the fee en masse?.

My street better be mowed on both sides when i get there or I personally will drag the manager all the way there and wont let go until is done!

And for the record, it will not be the first time i have done it!

jdo
jdo
People individually cant do squat. If a whole subdivision Starts raising a stink.. things might get done.

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...