Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orchidland newsletter and web site from one of
just read through BOTH letters. From the 2 boards.
What a crock this fake board is cooking up.(the one with the NEW website)
Read paragraph 3 carefully.
3 current members, "REMOVED THEMSELVES ACCORDING TO THE BY-LAWS" when they missed 2 meetings"
Whoops! and now this gives them the right to take over?
They Created a new name , with a light twist on the already existing one. The website.
And since they couldn't file suit as a group one of them had to step up and be an actual plaintiff.
You can't make this $#!+ up. Or maybe you can...
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandowner

The Arthurs group ,the ones that wrote the newsletter. Are not the ones that have been working on the road. Just to make that clear. It looks like they're trying to abscond money from people.

Now that is a rip! They just set up a 130K scholarship fund. You cant find nicer people and The Aurthurs have been pillars of the community.
The official Orchidland Newsletter states that it has cost tens of thousands to defend themselves against this pseudo-board. That's money taken out of our community.
And that they offered to settle for 1 million dollars.
Yeah, real pillars of the community.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Just hoping the community can get the court cost and lawyer cost back from authors group that money could help the roads.
Kw
We were always told that the Board of Orchidland Assn had an insurance policy that covered them from suits while they were performing their official duties. Why isn't this policy covering their expenses?
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

We were always told that the Board of Orchidland Assn had an insurance policy that covered them from suits while they were performing their official duties. Why isn't this policy covering their expenses?

Both organizations must have a cuckoo definition of what "community" means.
As Mr.Gump said,"Stupid is as stupid does."

Slow Walker
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich

My understanding of the insurance policy is that it covers the Board of Directors personally, but not the association. And it has a $25,000 deductible. The suit is against OLCA AND the directors, so they have an attorney for each. One will cost no more than $25,000, the other will cost as much as it takes until this thing is over.
The Arthur's group should pay all court costs all legal fees back to olca and build a community center .
Kw
To be honest, I'm not ready to take sides yet...I think both "boards" have their good and bad points. But before we start pointing fingers as to who should pay for what, I'm inclined wait to hear what the final decision from the courts turns out to be. And let's not forget that the Arthurs faction is paying their legal expenses out of their pockets without insurance or deductibles, so they currently have more skin in the game than the Lyons faction. If the Arthurs group's side loses, it would be entirely reasonable for the Lyons group to seek restitution for legal costs - and vice versa.
I'm with you. And I find the $40k+ figure of attorney fees allegedly paid by OLE so far to be an outrageous claim considering that the court action has been minuscule. If they are paying the road workers at the same ridiculous rate they appear to be paying attorneys one is left to question their judgement. Assuming an attorney fee of $300/hour (which seems high) we are really to believe that it's taken around 150 hours of attorney time for a court case that's only met the judge once?

* This post is not an endorsement of either board.