Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orchidland newsletter and web site from one of
quote:
Originally posted by kimo wires

The previous board did the same thing. Used substandard crew for the drainage area cement work.
Maybe the new board did a bad deal with the chip seal but.
It seems evident that a top notch paving crew did the asphalt work at the top of Pohaku.
Never saw the last board complete a paving project like that.
I agree that is is a Cluster though, MidnightRambler

Complete? You must not live here.
quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandowner

The Arthur's Should go to jail for embezzlement and bank fraud. They are more crooked than presidential candidates.

How do you figure?
They went to the banks and did fraudulent action.
Kw
Yeah, I live here. The target project was completed. The section that didn't get paved was not part of that deal.

Although i don't understand why it wan't connected all the way
there has been some opposition to that because it would create an alternate route between 130 and 11. And some residents don't want that.

Before the upheaval . The old board did the prep, grading, and brought Iilima up to the point of being paved and then switched gears leaving that prepped road to deteriorate. And it never got paved.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Well Kimo, some would argue that Ilima should have gotten the pavement because that road was next up in the rotation and was already prepped. It was the Lyons board that made the decision to pave Pohaku/40th instead. I guess my point is that both groups are breaking the rules, although both groups believe that they are doing everything right, and the other group is the one breaking all the rules.
The Aurthurs group website has some minutes of their meetings posted (very disorderly) and I found this section rather amusing:

Mark Willman: Noted that the community is stuck in a legal impasse with the Judge letting lawyers duke it out, which is in their interest to keep going, so we need to put a stop to the hemorrhage and work this out. Can we go back to the Judge? He presented his suggested Four Point Proposal to submit to the Judge:
1. OLCA needs to follow the bylaws. The Nov 15, 2016 meeting allowed proxies and that was against the bylaws, which states that only members present can vote, so there was a breach of contract and that
OLCA BOD MTG 8-16-16
election is invalid. Only members present should have been counted and although it could be argued to State law, OLCA bylaws specifically disallow that. A Judge who has interest in clearing the table of this mess might see this as a reasonable interpretation.
Hold a new election following bylaws and disallow proxy
Both sides agree that they will drop all lawsuits and everything to date will be paid by OLCA to settle the
entire matter and ultimately save the community more than continuing on will ultimately cost OLCA. The rogues have already used the $15,000 in the small legal fund and now they’re into the $90,000 special fund, while Dr. Barbara Arthurs has been paying for this defense of OLCA out of pocket. OLCA shuts this down and stops it now. Pays all. They’re taking it anyway. Judge will assess what are legal fair fees for the solicitors. Maybe we’ll come out with a shred of our $90,000 left and the rogues are now using it to for their legal defense.
Hire an independent arbitrator to run the election without any input beside a submitted summary of each candidate. No independent mailing or canvassing and only the arbitrator’s material is considered legal. From Comments it was decided to add that each side should also get a paragraph to describe them because it was noted that the rogues have been pre-poisoning the well of public perception by their having control of the legal website and the canvassing they do.
In summary, Mr. Willman stated that to come in as the party suggesting to clean it up and resolve this whole matter; otherwise, this could drag on for years and it has to stop. Pay the lawyers and get rid of them. Then we could go for receivership or whatever the community, as a whole, would like once it’s resolved. He will send his proposal to the Board for them to examine further. It’s a pitch to the judge on how to get rid of this. - Tabled to next meeting will discuss after they find out where they are in the legal process.
Now is the time to take Orchidland roads as county highways . since 1999 everyone voted new subdivsions must provide their own emergency acres so we closed all Orchidland roads to OLAA .
All the routes are through HPP And Orchidland the newest subs . all Voted for ILIMA to OLAA as "emergency roads".
Ainaloa is not emergency access .
Our Orchildland route is 14 miles Closer for Hpp .
We regret county not taking our Orchidland roads thus preventing this bs . Our roads are way closer to OLA''A
? Politicking

AC criteria : only the commercial zoned subdivsions meet criteria .

hapahaole
hapahaole
Olaa IS a county road. Its not built to their own standards.
Seems to me its a liability for the county.
The utility poles that you literally have to swerve around are going to cause an accident.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Olaa IS a county road. Its not built to their own standards.

The phrase "at the discretion of the Director" appears throughout the County Code.

Substandard roads and other infrastructure are merely County exercising that "discretion".

Just another fine example of how "the system works".
quote:
Originally posted by My 2 cents

The Aurthurs group website has some minutes of their meetings posted (very disorderly) and I found this section rather amusing:

Mark Willman: Noted that the community is stuck in a legal impasse with the Judge letting lawyers duke it out, which is in their interest to keep going, so we need to put a stop to the hemorrhage and work this out. Can we go back to the Judge? He presented his suggested Four Point Proposal to submit to the Judge:
1. OLCA needs to follow the bylaws. The Nov 15, 2016 meeting allowed proxies and that was against the bylaws, which states that only members present can vote, so there was a breach of contract and that
OLCA BOD MTG 8-16-16
election is invalid. Only members present should have been counted and although it could be argued to State law, OLCA bylaws specifically disallow that. A Judge who has interest in clearing the table of this mess might see this as a reasonable interpretation.
Hold a new election following bylaws and disallow proxy
Both sides agree that they will drop all lawsuits and everything to date will be paid by OLCA to settle the
entire matter and ultimately save the community more than continuing on will ultimately cost OLCA. The rogues have already used the $15,000 in the small legal fund and now they’re into the $90,000 special fund, while Dr. Barbara Arthurs has been paying for this defense of OLCA out of pocket. OLCA shuts this down and stops it now. Pays all. They’re taking it anyway. Judge will assess what are legal fair fees for the solicitors. Maybe we’ll come out with a shred of our $90,000 left and the rogues are now using it to for their legal defense.
Hire an independent arbitrator to run the election without any input beside a submitted summary of each candidate. No independent mailing or canvassing and only the arbitrator’s material is considered legal. From Comments it was decided to add that each side should also get a paragraph to describe them because it was noted that the rogues have been pre-poisoning the well of public perception by their having control of the legal website and the canvassing they do.
In summary, Mr. Willman stated that to come in as the party suggesting to clean it up and resolve this whole matter; otherwise, this could drag on for years and it has to stop. Pay the lawyers and get rid of them. Then we could go for receivership or whatever the community, as a whole, would like once it’s resolved. He will send his proposal to the Board for them to examine further. It’s a pitch to the judge on how to get rid of this. - Tabled to next meeting will discuss after they find out where they are in the legal process.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

There were several points in this that amused me, but the part about "this could drag on for years" seems to be about right. 17 months so far, and trial date has now been set for 10-30-17. No, that's not a typo. Another year, and that's assuming no further delays.

HOT TIP: Buy Orville Redenbacher stock.