Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP mailbox vote
Mermaid, do you know what 4 lots the board assessment scam is referring to in the deceptive letter? Is it referring to 4 individual 1 acre lots? The letter doesn't say the size and someone told me that at the Dec. board meeting they did not discuss exactly where, but seemed to imply 4 individual 1 acre lots.
I'm curious. Were the mailbox survey forms sent to people who only own undeveloped lots? We have two lots, one which we live on and an undeveloped lot with no bldg on it. Both road maintenance bills arrived together, but we only received one form. Just curious if they're even asking undeveloped lot owners.

It's still not clear if they're going to require them to pony up the $150. If it's going to be required of all lots, even undeveloped, then we're due a second vote.

If one-time fee is not required of undeveloped lots, therefore, question #11: Owner decides to build. They now want a mailbox. Do they THEN pay the $150 one-time fee?
It's one vote per lot for corporation business
What is "corporation business"?
quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

What is "corporation business"?

Hppoa is a Corporation not a Democratic Government. So anything Other than an opinion poll
quote:

I'm curious. Were the mailbox survey forms sent to people who only own undeveloped lots? ... Just curious if they're even asking undeveloped lot owners.

...Owner decides to build. They now want a mailbox. Do they THEN pay the $150 one-time fee?

Our lot is undeveloped and we did receive the survey. Yes, I have the same question about what will happen when we build then want a mailbox.

But I'm sure the association will keep meticulous records and there will be no problems.
[xx(]
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd

[quote][i]
but ups delivers to our address.

True. UPS and FedEx are nice that way.

Not sure why USPS are so weird about it. I've seen news pieces where they deliver by BOAT to houses on rivers. In our old neighborhood in Calif., also rural, they wouldn't deliver past certain streets, but the people who lived on those streets (paved and maintained by the county, btw) got free mailboxes at the PO bc USPS has rule that if they don't deliver to your physical address, you are entitled to free PO Box. They are called 'Group E' boxes.

Edit: On our street, we didn't have house delivery, but we had a bank of rural boxes (the kind w/ the little flag), and had to purchase our own.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Johnd

[quote][i]
but ups delivers to our address.

True. UPS and FedEx are nice that way.

Not sure why USPS are so weird about it. I've seen news pieces where they deliver by BOAT to houses on rivers. In our old neighborhood in Calif., also rural, they wouldn't deliver past certain streets, but the people who lived on those streets (paved and maintained by the county, btw) got free mailboxes at the PO bc USPS has rule that if they don't deliver to your physical address, you are entitled to free PO Box. They are called 'Group E' boxes.

Edit: On our street, we didn't have house delivery, but we had a bank of rural boxes (the kind w/ the little flag), and had to purchase our own.

Sure, unfortunatly some folks around here like to take what don't belong to them. But the way this Board comes out demanding this thing indiscriminately without addressing the many questions is unheard of. Many of the lots are not occupied, and may not be occupied for years. It's incoherent to demand more money from lot owners when the yearly fees just went up and people are not living here. If you own more than one lot in the subdivision, you get hit more than once. My own road would be impassable if not because some of us are maintaining it, we need a decent road more than a bloody post box and that is what the fees they collect, are for.

jdo
jdo
quote:
Originally posted by Chas

quote:

I'm curious. Were the mailbox survey forms sent to people who only own undeveloped lots? ... Just curious if they're even asking undeveloped lot owners.

...Owner decides to build. They now want a mailbox. Do they THEN pay the $150 one-time fee?

Our lot is undeveloped and we did receive the survey. Yes, I have the same question about what will happen when we build then want a mailbox.

But I'm sure the association will keep meticulous records and there will be no problems.
[xx(]

The notice is clear:"every lot owner".

If you don't want to be counted among the 600 signatures they need to impose this assessment to everyone, make sure you seND back your response by ticking you oppose option.

You may want to read the bylaws, to make your own determination whether the Board can impose this on us.

BTW, the assessment is per lot developed or not, unless the title of the property is composed of several contiguous lots under one owner.
jdo
My own road would be impassable if not because some of us are maintaining it

Form your own road corps, and send an itemized invoice to HPPOA showing how you've deducted these receipts from your dues, after which they owe you money.