Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerks on 130
quote:
Originally posted by Chas

Maybe what should happen is EVERYONE start to use the shoulder lane outside of hours. Then maybe they will change the laws.

It happened here in PA. Everyone drove well over 65MPH in the 55MPH zones. So instead of enforcing the 55MPH, they changed the speed limit to 70MPH (on some limited access highways).

So far, it looks like it's working. The accident rate has not increased in these areas.

I am trying to be a trend setter!
We need those traffic cameras that send tickets in the mail! But then again, the lane will open permanently soon, so moot point.
If people are willing to risk a ticket to make the traffic move, THANK THEM. For the life of me, I can't understand how commuters would get upset by people using zipper lane. And for god sakes, don't merge until it is time (arrows). Even tonight cars were turning in early leaving HUGE gaps in the line (4-5 car lengths) while surely some poor sucker was at KHS thinking, why is traffic so bad......
quote:
Originally posted by eigoya

If people are willing to risk a ticket to make the traffic move, THANK THEM. For the life of me, I can't understand how commuters would get upset by people using zipper lane. And for god sakes, don't merge until it is time (arrows). Even tonight cars were turning in early leaving HUGE gaps in the line (4-5 car lengths) while surely some poor sucker was at KHS thinking, why is traffic so bad......

If he takes the zipper lane all the way to his destination, I agree. But, in this case, he winds up merging about a hundred yards down the road, worming his way into the crawling left lane.
Since I am making a point about how barren the 2nd lane is, I use it all the way to the merge.

So, you cut in front of MORE cars; making more people wait for you to worm into the crawling traffic, yes? I know you are delaying them by only a few seconds each, but it's a zero sum game as far as I can see. Much faster for one, a little bit slower for everybody else.
Just went through at about 6:25 and had 3 people follow me! The merge went smooth as there was a large gap so I got over easy and nobody had to think about touching their brakes.
There is always a gap. I never need stop to merge. Everyone should use it until we don't have to (7, 8pm) cops can't pull everyone over.
Very well, KJ, I guess we are talking about different scenarios. If nobody is being delayed, objection withdrawn and apologies made. Godspeed and bon voyage!
No apology necessary as I have witnessed the exact scenario you were thinking of. Those are people who want to use the extra lane but suddenly turn rabbit and decide they don't want to pay a traffic ticket, so they shoe horn themselves into the bumper to bumper line of cars in the #1 lane. These drivers are certainly going to cause an accident and we should all be aware of the danger they pose.