Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250.000 for Pohoiki study.
(Tribune Herald) "State Sen. Russell Ruderman and state Rep. Joy San Buenaventura, both Democrats who represent Puna, say Pohoiki is a longtime, heavily used swimming area but becomes dangerous when swimmers and boat traffic mix."

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...ents-urged

Let's throw more money where it doesn't need to be quite yet.ten years from now when Puna becomes bigger than Hilo... something might need change.. but for now let's concentrate on access to Puna district.
More like put some money where it is definitely needed. Too many close calls the boat ramp between boats and the keiki. There is only one entity that is really holding back an alternative access to Puna.

Oh I agree.. they could do something.. they could build a break wall... they could do a lot of things ... what annoys me is they spent 8 million dollars on re ripping a highway that will never get used.( Kalapana to middle of nothing) escape route .. my hind foot.
Railroad Ave. was already there.. but we don't want to annoy the Shipman Tribe.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Who knew?
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious Messiah

More like put some money where it is definitely needed. Too many close calls the boat ramp between boats and the keiki.

Agreed.
" Too many close calls the boat ramp between boats and the keiki."

Gee, it's a boat ramp !

In most of the civilized world it would be a crime to allow your children to swim on a boat ramp !!!
I'm surprised no unsupervised keiki have died jumping off the side of the boat ramp, over the rocks, and into the water.
Yes, but who's going to enforce that and who will pay for it? Not me said the little red hen. It's not like there are actual written laws here about such things.
I've always thought they could develop that area into a hell of a recreation area. The material to build up the area is close by... and it would take the stress off Hilo beach parks. And yes... it's a gamble ... but someone is throwing the 30 million dollar dice at Pahoa.. with the shopping center.
Yes, a waste of money. let's definitely keep Hawaii's fastest growing district without a keiki ocean recreation area. They don't pay taxes anyway!