Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Don't forget the association does own the roads you drive on to get to your homes...

The Association only owns the roads in increment 2.
The roads in increment 1 belong to the owners in that increment. Check your deeds. You will see a small percentage of the roads deeded to each of you. The totals add up to those roads.The Association was tasked to maintain the roads in increment 1 by court decision.

Also HPPOA quit trying to foreclose on properties 4 or 5 years ago.....too expensive and problematic. When I left they change the process to taking the severely delinquent owners to Small Claims Court.

Lastly, as I suggested early on.....changing the name to Hawaiian Paradise Park Road Maintenance Corporation would solve A LOT of problems. Ask Ocean View how they did it.
Lastly, as I suggested early on.....changing the name to Hawaiian Paradise Park Road Maintenance Corporation would solve A LOT of problems. Ask Ocean View how they did it.

Please tell us what you mean by "solve a lot of problems". Thx.
A default will be a consequence of not paying the fees by a respectable amount of property owners, no one needs to write any letters.

But a motion must be submitted to the Board to put the road association under proffessional management because of their failure to deliver as stated on the bylaws. BTW, whether anyone bought on a paved road or not is irrelevant, the bond was obtained to pave all roads. If your road is not paved, you have been taken for a ride.

I suggested that we set a well written and documented Facebook page to offer connectivity for all HPP owners. We are a huge subdivision with many absent owners who probably feel as frustrated as we are but feel powerless.

The poor souls that still brave those useless member meetings are just insulted and laughed at, just read the minutes...it is sad to say the least. There is a need for an alternative site (s) as well as a Twitter feed.

We should network with elected officials and seek the advice of legal professionals, not coconut wireless subscribers.

All I can say is, that the process needs to start somewhere and it starts by saying the buck stops here. Not paying dues for a year or two will not harm anyone ( but for few extra dollars), but it will have a profound effect on the Board and the manager. In my view it is the only way to put a quick stop to all the mismanagemenmt and Board abuses.

The process needs to start somewhere else,other than on this thread.

Are you going to start the facebook acct Johnd? I think there'll be many interested members who'll join.
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

Please tell us what you mean by "solve a lot of problems". Thx.

Then the board and everyone else knows exactly what should be doing. It limits Mission Creep. And that it is a corporation not a government
quote:

A default will be a consequence of not paying the fees by a respectable amount of property owners, no one needs to write any letters.

But a motion must be submitted to the Board to put the road association under proffessional management because of their failure to deliver as stated on the bylaws. BTW, whether anyone bought on a paved road or not is irrelevant, the bond was obtained to pave all roads. If your road is not paved, you have been taken for a ride.

I suggested that we set a well written and documented Facebook page to offer connectivity for all HPP owners. We are a huge subdivision with many absent owners who probably feel as frustrated as we are but feel powerless.

The poor souls that still brave those useless member meetings are just insulted and laughed at, just read the minutes...it is sad to say the least. There is a need for an alternative site (s) as well as a Twitter feed.

We should network with elected officials and seek the advice of legal professionals, not coconut wireless subscribers.

All I can say is, that the process needs to start somewhere and it starts by saying the buck stops here. Not paying dues for a year or two will not harm anyone ( but for few extra dollars), but it will have a profound effect on the Board and the manager. In my view it is the only way to put a quick stop to all the mismanagemenmt and Board abuses.

Are you going to start the facebook acct Johnd? I think there'll be many interested members who'll join.

Actually, I would but I would like it to be in collaboration with others, to make sure it stays relevant and usefull.

jdo
jdo
quote:
Originally posted by Johnd

quote:

Actually, I would but I would like it to be in collaboration with others, to make sure it stays relevant and usefull.

jdo

Why yes... That's the community spirit.... Always take the secondary or 3rdinarry way out. Dont get dirt under your nails cause it can be hard to remove.

Slow Walker
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

quote:

quote:

jdo

Why yes... That's the community spirit.... Always take the secondary or 3rdinarry way out. Dont get dirt under your nails cause it can be hard to remove.

Slow Walker

You do not live in HPP, and the only thing you have done on this thread is attacking me personally with your pseudo smart ass comments.

It seems you don't have much to do.

I heard the dragon is not stopping by Luquin's any longer, maybe you could try to catch a ride by the Hilo bandstad.

jdo
jdo
I thought the Dragon was the rogue BOD......
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Slow Walker

[quote]Originally posted by Johnd

"Anyway, I'm not happy with the road situation. My neighbors aren't happy with it. My car's not happy with it. Is anyone happy with it?

I suggest everyone within HPP whose road looks like a roller coaster call HPPOA and make that list very very long. We shouldn't have to go to meetings"

They were talking about the grader 4 years ago like the main cause for inaction, but no talk about the no good lazy butt crew,the very same one we all pay for, that does f***all and whatever it does, is worthless anyway.

If we don't show up, we do not exist. We are in dire need for folks to move their okoles away from the big screen and show up with pitch and forks and remove the board by force if they don't resign, get rid of the management company asap and stop paying for the fees. Yes, it would catapult chaos. The

jdo

Well Johnd I'm not happy with the 2 OLCA's board of directors either. But with keeping in tone of the holiday of Thanksgiving,would you rather live here or on an acre or two in North Dakota? Be thankful for what you got and just put up with HPP directors and road crew like they are mosquitoes that you can do nothing about. Look at the fees you spend on roads like they are mosquito coils or incense that you burn for the dead. We always have lots of hope for change but not much for results.
[/quote)

Oh dear, I got the tofu make-believe turkey leg stuck on my throat with your wimpy and hopeless message. Attentioooon! all together now, push your head a little bit further into the ground. That's right, if we don't see it or hear it, all is good!

Well Johnd to put in your your words you were the first with the smart ass remarks. Starting with oh dear above.]

I took that remark and stated that I hoped the roads would go your way in the statement below.
Then you gave other folks the same kind of treatment and I changed my mind.
If you want to take back what you have said to others and be honorable I will do the same. Otherwise people reap what they sow.

Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by Slow Walker

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Slow Walker

[quote]Originally posted by Johnd

"Anyway, I'm not happy with the road situation. My neighbors aren't happy with it. My car's not happy with it. Is anyone happy with it?

I suggest everyone within HPP whose road looks like a roller coaster call HPPOA and make that list very very long. We shouldn't have to go to meetings"

They were talking about the grader 4 years ago like the main cause for inaction, but no talk about the no good lazy butt crew,the very same one we all pay for, that does f***all and whatever it does, is worthless anyway.

If we don't show up, we do not exist. We are in dire need for folks to move their okoles away from the big screen and show up with pitch and forks and remove the board by force if they don't resign, get rid of the management company asap and stop paying for the fees. Yes, it would catapult chaos. The

jdo

Well Johnd I'm not happy with the 2 OLCA's board of directors either. But with keeping in tone of the holiday of Thanksgiving,would you rather live here or on an acre or two in North Dakota? Be thankful for what you got and just put up with HPP directors and road crew like they are mosquitoes that you can do nothing about. Look at the fees you spend on roads like they are mosquito coils or incense that you burn for the dead. We always have lots of hope for change but not much for results.
[/quote)

Oh dear, I got the tofu make-believe turkey leg stuck on my throat with your wimpy and hopeless message. Attentioooon! all together now, push your head a little bit further into the ground. That's right, if we don't see it or hear it, all is good!

Well Johnd to put in your your words you were the first with the smart ass remarks. Starting with oh dear above.]

I took that remark and stated that I hoped the roads would go your way in the statement below.
Then you gave other folks the same kind of treatment and I changed my mind.
If you want to take back what you have said to others and be honorable I will do the same. Otherwise people reap what they sow.

Are you sure your name is not followed by the title "Queen of the Realm, Defender of the Faith"? You certainly sound pompous enough,and by the despective comments you, Obie and Kaloka make about us HPP owners in other threads, clearly shows you are here to mock all of us who have a genuine concern of an issue that affects us directly.

My comments were done on the context of the issue at hand, not as a direct personal attack like yours. My opinion stands, and I dare say that the recent resignations are a product of the exchange some of us had here. But as I pointed out to the futility of it all regarding this and other Boards, committees and more committees, it is been validated by the reappearance of other former Board skeletons claiming the current vacant throne, in short the circus continues, the Witch is finally gone and now....more of the same!

The truth hurts, and for those homeowners who are hopefully still reading this thread, I like to say that either we continue paying more and more for less and less, or we have the courage and responsibility to do things well and change the paradigm once and for all

jdo
jdo