Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain forecast, Ino?
quote:
Originally posted by ohiagrrl

Ok I see how this forum works now. You guys have had this conversation before and instead of educating, you bully. Ino's weather report was stellar.

Ino's weather report is always stellar and has nothing to do with made up reports on fake chemtrails.
Ummmm....Jet Stream Chaos is happening whether you guys like it or not. Stay cozy in your warm little bubbles of denial but anything that burns fuel is leaving a chemical trail behind it. I had a discussion with an actual living breathing pilot today (who prefers not to fall on this sword) who told me that if the global geoengineering projects are happening it is likely through back room deals with fuel companies putting specific additives along specific routes and that airlines and pilots probably have no idea they are playing a role in a larger plan. Since fuel companies aren't exactly ethics central, and since the weather weirding has increased, and since aluminum levels are off the charts in readings all over the world (including here), and since there is a paper trail via patents and budgets dating back decades, it all sounds plausible and pertinent to weather issues. It's all new to me and I was interested if anyone could provide any concrete info which they haven't. I have been requested to start a new thread so will do that, but my request is that like in an actual debate, people provide data, precedents, or at least an argument, not just opinions. Everyone's got one of those. Have any of you actually read the article? It's fascinating in a sci fi thriller sort of way. Hiding head in sand only leaves your ass exposed.
Ohiagirl,

"It's fascinating in a sci fi thriller sort of way."

Do you know what the "fi" means in "sci fi"? It means fiction, i.e., made up. Chemtrails are fiction. Contrails are not. If you want to tell everyone it's all new to you and then complain that people are ignoring your so-called research, then please calm down and contemplate for a bit. Perhaps do some real research.

Contrails - water vapor - well understood.

Chemtrails - nutty conspiracy fruitcake nonsense.

Can we get this back onto local weather?
I haven't done any research. I read one article, posted it and asked if anyone had any hard data. The wild reaction all you men are having is making me want to know more though.

All science is imagined before proven, ie...fiction. It is considered as creative an endeavor as art. Weather isn't magic....I for one want to know the mechanics behind why it's changing. The person who asked Ino the initial question noted that even the weather sites can't agree on what the weather will do. Get back to what?

Read the article Tom...iteresting bits about atmospheric and ozone thinning, CME's, Carrington Event issues.
"I haven't done any research."

Yes, I knew that already, it was easy to spot, please do not patronize me by telling me what to read in that case. Take your nonsense to a conspiracy site or call coast to coast. It'd be nice to get back to the local weather. Thank you.
At the risk of being accused of mansplaining, let me assure you that Chemtrails are for the delusional and the uneducated.
I hope you fall into the latter category because it is easily fixed.

Tip: if you read something scary on the internet, be very very suspicious. Just googling it (e.g. "chemtrails") isn't enough, try googling "chemtrails hoax" instead and always look at what the source is. Wikipedia, New York Times etc are worth your time. Too many people are getting sucked into this and other nonsense.

Sorry about getting drawn into the hijack. That's it for me.
Why do different sites have different forecasts?

Weather seems to change right across 20 degrees latitude, some weather reports are for "Oahu weather" (north of 20) while others are "Big Island weather" (south of 20).

At least that's how it seems to an uneducated non-meteorologist.

Both water haulers I've used are out for repairs

Invest in bigger tanks to handle the new normal. Seriously. First few years here, I never needed more than 1000 gallons. Lately that's just not enough.
I've only called for water four times in as many years, two times in the same season and once three weeks ago. I have an 8000 tank but we've had up to eight people here Visiting over the holidays. I don't think we've had significant rain since Jan, early. I know I told one friend that it had been raining for a month, but since she arrived the 8th or so, its been mostly clear. It certainly LOOKS like rain today.......
quote:
Originally posted by ohiagrrl

Ok I see how this forum works now. You guys have had this conversation before and instead of educating, you bully. Ino's weather report was stellar.

We have had this conversation several times, and it usually takes a fair amount of time each instance to debunk this issue.

If you feel strongly about the topic and want to have a discussion as to how chemtrails relate to Puna, please start your own thread.

And yes, Ino's weather report was stellar!
Flew into HNL from the west coast late this evening. For once I was sitting on the left-hand side of the aircraft (I usually sit on the RHS) and thought I'd get to see the lights from the Big Island and Maui, but saw nothing, presumably due to clouds (it was pitch black - new moon). Moderate turbulence about 800 miles west of Hawaii and again while descending into HNL, but nothing nasty. I was expecting worse (as was the captain).

Flying to Hilo Monday afternoon and the forecast suggests thunderstorms, but wondering if this is not going to be as bad as first thought. Not that I'm worried, I'm one of those strange folk who enjoys turbulence!