Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP road maintainence
I'm a little confused about who is doing the CS work. There's this trucking company, right? But I thought it had been said in this thread that the road crew has been sidelined to CS project work. Did I read that wrong? Or is just the MONEY that has been sidelined?
HPP doesn't have the CS equipment so they're renting the equipment and an operator, including the CS material, and our road crew is the labor.

It's costing $80,300 + per mile, not counting the road crew labor and the maint outsourcing of our main drags.

quote:
Originally posted by caveat emptor

Last week I received copies of the first 2 contracts w/ Triple K Trucking (the co. doing the chip seal). They were from May 2015 and July 2015. The 1st contract states, among other requirements, that Triple K will handle trucking all of the 3/4” base course and 3/8” chips but will bill HPP separately from the actual chip sealing process. HPP was required to “purchase the 3/4” base course and 3/8” chipping materials based on the best materials to get the job done correctly, verified and approved by TKT.
What this part of the contract means is that no one, that is, the Association does not know, what the actual chipping material purchases have cost HPP... except a few. Because the line items for “chips” and “rock” that are in the financial reports, the ones that the Finance Committee are required to be receiving and as previously reported on PT, are blank!

Unfortunately, no one except “the few” actually knows what the final signed contract says, because as far as I am aware, nobody except “the few” has seen it, certainly not the Association. What is troubling is that, and as anyone can see for themselves, there is not the required base course laid on the roads that have been chip sealed to date. It is very obvious even to a casual observer, that the chip seal just laid on 26th between Makuu & Paradise is paper thin. Does not that raise a reasonable question as to where all the money is going? Does it not seem reasonable to ask “the few” why you are not abiding with what TKT required in the contract? Did the signed contract get changed and TKT is okay with a substandard job that is contrary to his standard contract?
I know that the owner of TKT in a deposition last Nov. (maybe for the OL lawsuit), stated that he tells his clients that 3 layers of chip seal is what is needed to do a good chip seal job. I wonder what changed.

Hence the condition of 23rd/Shower, less than a yr old. Good questions brought up. I prev stated on this thread that Triple K contractor stated, "at least 3 layers of CS" is required for a good result. But I've also heard an engineer and road experts say CS is not for HPP w/our traffic, topography, and rain. But the inexperienced GM and reps from 2015 to today had an agenda, and it didn't have anything to do w/the association's best interest. If it did, they wouldn't have overturned our vote. The brand new male reps don't know the CS history. Dist 5's husband has been on the board since Nov 2014. The non transparency of the CS business since at least May 2015, raises questions and suspicion. They've had many many opportunities to answer questions and to be transparent. The fact that they won't nor have they disclosed $ info to even the FC who is entitled to this info raises more serious questions. What exactly are they hiding from us?
What exactly are they hiding from us?

Your money.
No, they're hiding what they're Doing with our money.
Thanks, mermaid. I was just writing my letter that will go with our ballot and wanted to get it right.
There is this this to refute Mayelin's claims !

http://www.hppoa.net/newsite/wp-content/...0-2016.pdf
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

HPP doesn't have the CS equipment so they're renting the equipment and an operator, including the CS material, and our road crew is the labor.

It's costing $80,300 + per mile, not counting the road crew labor and the maint outsourcing of our main drags.

What a joke!
Originally posted by Obie:
http://www.hppoa.net/newsite/wp-content/...0-2016.pdf

Thanks Leilani Bronson Crelly...but this is almost a year old. Now that you're on the board, can't you get something more current and specific? Can you tell us why the board is preventing the FC from meeting still?
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe
What a joke!

From caveat emptor's post p 40:
The last page of the contract is dated July 7, 2015 and appears to be a worksheet of total costs that maybe the GM made.
It lays out all of the costs:
1 mile compact and prepare by road crew $10,000.
¾ inch base coarse $13.50/ton X 900 X 500 tons = $12,150 per mile
¾ inch base course delivery $4.5/ ton X 900 tons = $4050
3/8 inch chips 25lbs / sq yd / mile
11,733 sq yd X 25 = 293,333 lbs = 146.7 tons X $23.50 /ton for chips = $3,448/mile
3/8 inch chips delivery $4.50 /ton X 146.7 = $660
.50 gal /sq rd of asphalt emulsion sprayed chips spread, rolled .30 / sq rd of slow set asphalt emulsion sprayed. $50,000/mile

Total /mile chip seal $10,000
$12,150
$4,050
$3,448
$ 660
$50,000
----------
$80,308
Appears road crew labor is included after all in this unsigned contract. It shows intention of including road crew labor but are the figures actual? Not included in this total as I stated earlier, the Grasshopper main drag easement maint, and the company they hire to prep the roads and easements before the CS process begins.