Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP mailbox vote
"I understand that all the votes had to be in 4/1/17. Is there a result?"

yes, I heard that the gas station passed as well as the bakery.......I think the assessment is up to 5k per lot owner now
No, the next big project is to bring water to every lot. Yes, your assessment will be $5000.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
No, the next big project is to bring water to every lot. Yes, your assessment will be $5000.
-----
Wait until the Dept of Health says all of you have to be hooked up to a sanitary sewer system...
Dept of Health says all of you have to be hooked up to a sanitary sewer

DoH doesn't have the necessary "force of will". This edict will come from EPA, thereby "superceding" all County/State regulations. Hilarity ensues.
Wait until the Dept of Health says all of you have to be hooked up to a sanitary sewer system...

Funny leilanidude!
They would have to BUILD a sewer system first for us to hook up to.
They can barely build a road on top of the lava.
Think of digging down into 150+ miles of lava to lay sewer lines in HPP alone.

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

Pointless to illustrate the engineering challenge, but it's also funny:

$#!+ flows downhill, so either the treatment plant goes on the coast, or the system will require lots of pumps... powered by HELCO...

The bigger problem, of course, is that nobody will want the treatment plant "in their community"... for that matter, nobody will want the pumping station "next to their house"...
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Funny leilanidude!
They can barely build a road on top of the lava.

You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

Bingo!
-------

They do it on the other side of the island...
quote:
Originally posted by Dinamight

So if you vote yes you are expected to pay money for the mail box but if you vote no, you don't pay?

Good question Dinamight. Maybe the ofc can provide you with an answer. I'm sure you're not the only confused person out of 8,800 lot owners. It would've been professional business practice for the board and Mailbox Committee to have communicated w/the entire membership on this matter after their premature request for mailbox $$ that was enclosed w/our road fee bills. I have a feeling people who live in HPP and outside of HPP still think they have to pay by June or they will be assessed a late fee. We're talking about thousands of people. Many may have sent that $$$ in. If this project is dead in the water or a long ways off, what are they doing w/the $$$???
Can someone please give a short objective summary of this mailbox vote? I don't want to have to read 20 pages of possibly outdated news.
Thanks!