Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Humor Section (Thanks in part to TMT threads)
Mermaid - terracore posted the link in another thread:

http://punaweb.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22208
Mahalo for that Tom!

I re read that thread yesterday too Mermaid. Cracked me up again! Funny that we are all such adept round about drivers now.
Thanks for posting it again Tom.. Aloha to you and Missy Pam.
Thank you, Kenney, I passed your Aloha onto Pam!
quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

This was my favorite: http://punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11956

SO many good ones in there! "Your lawnmower is a goat."!

[Smile] Thanks, I enjoyed those.

Punatic visits his primary care provider in Honolulu, with complaints of frequent, splitting headaches.

Test results come back, Doc says: "Well Mr. Keihanaikukauakahihulihe'ekahaunaele, you have a malignant brain tumor."

Punatic says, "Oh, that's a relief. I thought it might be rat lung worm".
Brilliant!
Why did the chicken cross the road?

"Road?" Hahahahaha.......
"Anti-TMT views should at least be up to the standard set by ohiagrrl, IMO, the best commentator of the lot. "

You have it wrong, she's pro-TMT. As for her "standard", please read her latest ramblings and see if you care to revisit that opinion.
http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1.66666666666667&TOPIC_ID=23494#261715
ohiagrrl does indeed ramble (wish she would use more paragraphs) and rant the typical "the mainlanders have too much control over our islands" perspective. We might not like that predominantly native Hawaii viewpoint, but it is a perspective they are entitled to.

The other commentators, IMO, are significantly less coherent.

Again, the best of the lot.

An interesting topic. If pursued, I would be interested in hearing the case for any of the others ranking as more effective debaters. (It would be entertaining to read that.)

By the way--aren't the others the chronic thread hijackers?
Appreciate that there is at least one person who sees my point: he's pointing out that you can disagree...without...the (very thinly) veiled insults.

I have a thick skin, do not mind insults, especially inept attempts at making my logic seem stupid. Amusing to see someone gradually realize that they are not debating a rube--the way they suddenly seem no longer interested in continuing the dialog (and further embarrassing themselves).

In my 61 years I have lost many debates to people more informed than me, and value the intellectual exchange (and the knowledge I gained). The oneupmanship here is honest.

The oneupmanship at Punatalk is too often based on lame attempts at distorting people’s positions, flippant comments, and insults.

Isn’t all this a bit childish, by the way? We are not in high school.

At any rate, the issue of insults in the both the 1) Telescopes Discoveries and 2) TMT project threads apparently have been fully resolved, with very little discussion. (see short comments in those sites).