Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Humor Section (Thanks in part to TMT threads)
Sometimes I wonder if I'm from another dimension.
[i]Sometimes I wonder if I'm from another dimension.

................................."
(Ditto)

On the fifth day - the scientists who studied the rivers - were forbidden to speak - or to study the rivers. -Jane Hirshfield's poem on creation
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Here is my flippant comment to the self-absorbed newbie:
Keep your head down in this heavy rain so you don't drown.
It is a public internet forum, not a debate forum.
I will do that, leilanidude. No ****ing problem.

I am sure all the folks who have an interest in astronomy progress on some of the best telescopes in the world and stumble across "Discoveries... on Mauna Kea" are being entertained.

Snippets from last Thursday: YOUR OWN IGNORANT BULL****. I'm getting really fed up...people on this board NOT EVEN ****ING READING.... What the ****? (Party 2): to hijack a thread, as the asshole has clearly done.”

And I thought this thread was put together by academics. How obtuse of me.

(Sincerely, I am ending this topic; their business.)

I thought Punatalk is both. I am sincerely interested in the rationale for that statement. Proceed, leilanidude. (Or any other takers)

MarkD, what is your motivation for taking quotes out of context? There are certain trollish personalities who make outlandishly false statements on a regular basis about a large variety of subjects. You picked one subject for some reason, but what is end goal here in this discussion? Are you trying to shame people to make a point of some kind? It's probably not the best approach.
I feel like we should introduce MarkD to Tiffany Hunt, wannabe cartoonist Tom (I forget his last name), Sativa, and RJ Hampton. Or would that be cruel and unusual punishment?
I think Tom may be dead, RJ and Sativa fell off the earth and Tiff learned to keep her big mouth shut.
MarkD wrote:

"And I thought this thread was put together by academics. How obtuse of me."

I started the thread as news stories concerning the MK observatories were being reported in all sorts of different threads, so thought it might be a good idea to have one thread where the various discoveries could be posted. It certainly wasn't "put together" by a bunch of academics.
I started the thread as news stories concerning the MK observatories were being reported in all sorts of different threads, so thought it might be a good idea to have one thread where the various discoveries could be posted.

And we appreciate that Tom!

I am sure all the folks who have an interest in astronomy progress on some of the best telescopes in the world and stumble across "Discoveries... on Mauna Kea" are being entertained.

Yes we are! Thanks to Tom and the others that contribute information. Don't we all look up into the night sky full of wonder and questions?

quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

I will do that, leilanidude. No ****ing problem.

Snippets from last Thursday: YOUR OWN IGNORANT BULL****. I'm getting really fed up...people on this board NOT EVEN ****ING READING.... What the ****? (Party 2): to hijack a thread, as the asshole has clearly done.”

And I thought this thread was put together by academics. How obtuse of me.

(Sincerely, I am ending this topic; their business.)

I thought Punatalk is both. I am sincerely interested in the rationale for that statement. Proceed, leilanidude. (Or any other takers)

Quite the piece of work, aren't you? [V]