Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blanked and Pillow on ITO-LAX
Thanks for all the info! I have no illusions about the cleanliness of the amenities on offer, but was curious. Like most, I typically use their blankie for lumbar support. Thanks for the good wishes, Mermaid.
That's so funny Tom! LOL!

Perhaps not the video you thought I might post...

https://youtu.be/5YGc4zOqozo
quote:
Originally posted by AKpilot

You do NOT want to know where those pillows and blankets have been.......and it's not been to the cleaners..

Actually yes, I do!

Not that I ever use them though. Always wear pants and carry a sweater, at the least, from Hawaii to mainland. Can't sleep on planes, so no need for a pillow.

Chunkster should report back with a review of his flight.
I always bring layers of clothes, it's tough to evenly heat an aircraft cabin.

It's fascinating how they do it, google Jet Environmental Systems if you are curious.

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!
I always bring layers of clothes

You could wear some of your traveling wardrobe and use a smaller carry on. My dad thought it clever to wear sev shirts underneath his jacket and by doing so accomplished two things...he was also warm and cozy on the plane. Maybe not such a crazy idea after all...[Wink]
If you want to try sleeping on the red eye to the mainland, try this: https://www.facecradle.me/collections/facecradle. I got one when they did their Kickstarter and it was amazing for me. Slept for many hours on the way to Australia.
We flew a red-eye from Hilo to LAX last month on Hawaiian Air : Got a pillow & a blanket (wrapped in plastic) on the way over. We're always happy w/our flights on Hawaiian (so far!)!#128515;
quote:
Originally posted by descodave

We flew a red-eye from Hilo to LAX last month on Hawaiian Air : Got a pillow & a blanket (wrapped in plastic) on the way over. We're always happy w/our flights on Hawaiian (so far!)!#128515;

Did you charter a plane, because there is no non-stop red-eye from Hilo to LAX other than United's flight. All Hawaiian Airlines flights from Hilo to LAX require a change of planes somewhere along the way.
Delta from KOA to LAX provides a blanket and pillow.
Puna: Our roosters crow first