Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch Out - racing on Red Road..
Kalakoa's numbers and shift breakdown are right overall, but I'm not sure if they take into account the fact that some of the sworn officers are administrative and rarely leave the station. That would make the patrol coverage even thinner.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the "work rules" requiring several officers to respond to simple traffic accident calls are grossly inefficient. When cops complain about getting in each other's way in such situations, we've got a problem, and I've heard three different officers vent on the subject.
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

KJ - what I don't find credible is that only eight officers are assigned to Puna. I need to get this clarified. Even if it's four assigned to lower Puna and another four assigned to upper Puna, how on earth can you have enough on patrol at any given time over 24-hours? They can't work 24-hour shifts every day of the year.

I suspect the number is Puna police officers on duty (as opposed to on patrol) at any given time, but I don't know that yet. I will definitely do my best to get more info.

Mea culpa Tom - I did mean 'on duty' and 'on the road'. There are 3 or 4 that stay at the station but actively 'boots on the ground' - we got eight. Let me know if you hear different.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

I know I sound like a broken record, but the "work rules" requiring several officers to respond to simple traffic accident calls are grossly inefficient. When cops complain about getting in each other's way in such situations, we've got a problem, and I've heard three different officers vent on the subject.

Amen.
KJ - just to be clear, I was referring to what I was told, not what you posted.
Either way, the numbers are not reassuring!