Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern BBQ out, Kreole Kitchen in
You know you're always welcome!
That's nice, thank you! Pam and I visited a few weeks ago but it was the center of the old village, not the new areas which just don't seem to fit in my opinion, but that's another debate. I hadn't been there since the Luquin's fire - it was sad to see an empty space there.
I think everybody misses Luquin's The food truck is out back, but I miss the shaky floors, cobwebs, dinged tables and those great Margarita's.
When we were visiting and drove by the BBQ place, being a BBQ fan and avid smoker, I mulled over giving it a shot, but I have to say the location just turned me off for some reason. If I recall there were no turn lanes to get in, it was weird seeing mainly the roof from the road, etc. Now I see it wasn't just me...
I guess I'm the exception. I never found the place difficult or dangerous to get in, or out of.

You probably go in from the Hilo side. Entering from the Pahoa side is like jumping off a ledge blindfolded hoping that the bottom is not too far down. Entering or exiting from the Hilo side is not all that bad.
One other bad point about it not mentioned is its proximity to curves in the highway adding to the potential for mishaps entering or leaving either driveway.

Welcome to Puna, the land of the Vocal Lunatic Fringe.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.