Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police brutality, illegal arrest, cover-up claimed
I sort of knew it, know it, already but that video makes me sick. Sick of our good ol' boys. Criminals with badges and fancy titles.
Adding to this particular problem are other broader issues of priorities and judgment.

So now they are thinking of putting Jaylin Kema back in prison because she is smoking marijuana on probation. Meanwhile we got that road rage case on Oahu where the guy jumps out and smashes another driver's window with a pipe, with a child in the car hurt by the glass. And he is "released pending investigation."

Law enforcement in Hawaii does this repeatedly with violent offenders. That individual needed at least a week or two in the cooler (unless he was able to post a high bail.) And do we waste valuable prison space jailing Jaylin Kema? Priorities seem skewed.

Jaylin Kema got an unbelievably sweet plea bargain considering her failure to do anything to prevent the death of her son Peter Boy. In her case, it seems very appropriate for the authorities to be strict with the terms of release.

Back on the topic of Daniel Harris' alleged mistreatment, I called one of my policemen friends today, and he told me that this happens more often than we might think. Why? Most people follow the Police Commission clerk's advice because they fear reprisals for reporting maltreatment. Having said that, he added two things. First, while this sort of thing does not happen every day, it does happen often enough that there should be a better institutional investigative process for it. Second, the cops themselves consider the current Police Commission operation to be a joke.
they fear reprisals for reporting maltreatment

With good reason. Every cop has access to your address. They can find out how far away the next nearest officer is currently located.

And imagine your surprise when you hear someone outside your home, in the dark, and when you call the cops, who's first on the scene? Good opportunity for the officer you reported to chat - - threaten - - smell & find drugs on your person? The opportunities and possibilities are endless.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
it's getting really bad... This is just crazy. Let's just make up some bogus charges and try to sweep this mess under the rug!
I don't know why anyone here should be surprised by our recent police beat downs and corruption as This has been the norm throughout these islands for a long time.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2015/09/when-co...orruption/

Our police had a rigged promotional scandal that costs our county millions in the past.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2003/10...tory1.html

Does anyone here believe any thing changed after the Multi million dollar settlement? This is what one of those 19 officers involved in the rigged promotion scandal did recently.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...ed-assault

Our police have been accepting millions over the past few decades for their Marijuana eradication. They ask for government assistance and funds to help eradicate MMJ from communities like Puna's. The police have taken or seized at least 10-15 million worth of property and cash from poor communities like Puna's with a civil forfeiture program.

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00/n657/a09.html?1807

This happened to a Puna man, he thought the police would have killed him if he did not cooperate during his arrest.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...rty-ransom
"I don't know why anyone here should be surprised by our recent police beat downs and corruption as This has been the norm throughout these islands for a long time."

What do you mean by "our"?
TomK, Top of the morning to you sir.
Unlike yourself TomK, I will always be proud to be from Puna. I recently moved from Puna to the mainland, which i have done several other times for various reasons in my life. Change can be a good thing at times and that's exactly what my family and I needed this year. Call it an extended vacation if you will and you know how vacations can go. TomK, Do you really want to fill another thread with your hatred towards me? I was never against your TMT project only how and where it was planned to be developed. God does know what he is doing and that's why we have been blessed in different ways partner, have faith and enjoy life.
What do you mean by "our"?
[quote]Originally posted by gypsy69

TomK, Top of the morning to you sir.
Unlike yourself TomK, I will always be proud to be from Puna. I recently moved from Puna to the mainland, which i have done several other times for various reasons in my life. Change can be a good thing at times and that's exactly what my family and I needed this year. Call it an extended vacation if you will and you know how vacations can go. TomK, Do you really want to fill another thread with your hatred towards me? I was never against your TMT project only how and where it was planned to be developed. God does know what he is doing and that's why we have been blessed in different ways partner, have faith and enjoy life.

Gypsy69,
It's 5:18 a.m. and the first six forums have TomK on them.
He has a lot of wisdom to provide us dont cha know. I think I can hear the keys typing now. Just listen!
Slow Walker