Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines - announcement coming..
From todays Honolulu Star Advertiser:

"Southwest Airlines isn’t ready yet to announce when it will begin service to Hawaii, but when it does, bags will fly free and there will be no change fees."

"Brad Hawkins, Southwest spokesman, wouldn’t be pinned down on a time frame, but indicated that service to Hawaii could not begin any earlier than 2018 due to necessary aircraft certification..

He said Southwest can’t talk about fares in advance but said the airline’s goal is to be competitive."
"Brad Hawkins, Southwest spokesman, wouldn’t be pinned down on a time frame, but indicated that service to Hawaii could not begin any earlier than 2018 due to necessary aircraft certification.."
-----------
True dat. They have not yet certified their ETOPS operations, which is what would allow them to fly extended distance over an ocean.
"to Hawaii" :/

Inter-island would be awesome.
"I saw a new word, "certificating"."

Please don't get me started... Wink
I saw a new word, "certificating"

Not new to the FAA.

Tod
Tod
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

"to Hawaii" :/

Inter-island would be awesome.

That's all that matters to me-Breaking the HA choke hold on inter island. Probably not in the cards though.
To be successful they will need an inter island code sharing partner or do multiple stops the way ATA did it imho

2018 is three months away
State will simply not allow SWA to displace HA. It's that simple: SWA has to do business "in the Correct Way" or not at all.

Time well tell ... LUV is a force to be respected. Most likely supported by the feds if push comes to shove ....free market (and campaign funds) always prevails

who sponsored the get together? .....must have been a fair chunk of change....just to test the water.....

one thing for sure ....they are not asking permission (or give a flying fandango) about Puna , we just dont have the demographics or household income to rate.......second a gate at KOA prediction
And Hawaiian won't be matching Southwest's free baggage and change policy. They feel their level of service will be enough to keep their customers and they'll be willing to pay for that.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/09/21...1ea3d32978