Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orchidland Mandatory Road Fees Update
"I am curious about what an OLE resident/property owner/board member(?) might have to say to the membership of HPP, or why he might feel that taking up time in their meeting would be welcome."

I wasn't there, but I understood that this was a Puna roads meeting that happened to be held at HPP, but not necessarily just by / for HPP.
If it is true that they are only charging 12% then I guess I'll have to pay my credit card bill which charges me 18% and if anything is left I will pay my road bill it's a matter of priorities I guess.
Kw
quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandowner

If it is true that they are only charging 12% then I guess I'll have to pay my credit card bill which charges me 18% and if anything is left I will pay my road bill it's a matter of priorities I guess.

Wat? Only charging 12%!

Where is the community spirit both OLCA talk about?

They should double down to 24%. That way the lawyers in need can increase their fees to pay for the boats and Ivy league fees for their needy children.

Plus both OLCA's each can send out a newsletter to tell us how poor a person we are and send shame to our families.

Lets help the elites! Who will start a parade for them in Pahoa and Keaau?

At least a plate of chicken katsu from Blains!
Slow Walker
quote:
Originally posted by My 2 cents

You should listen to people who were there ( don't think the minutes of the meeting are available yet ) about how FW presented himself, and claimed to represent OLE. He was finally shouted down.

There are plenty of people claiming to represent OLE these days. I am curious about what an OLE resident/property owner/board member(?) might have to say to the membership of HPP, or why he might feel that taking up time in their meeting would be welcome. Details of this, anyone?

I was at the meeting. It wasn't an "HPP meeting" per se. Joy and Eileen spoke. They spoke about the PMAR topic trying to straighten out the misinformation the HPP PMAR committee had been reporting to lot owners. Donald Smith Hawaii District engineer spoke about current and future highway work, and a couple of engineers spoke. One of them focused on the process of road dedication. They took questions at the end of the meeting. There were board members from other subdivisions who spoke about their challenges as well because they knew that Joy and Eileen would be there. It was interesting to hear the specific challenges that other subdivisions are dealing with.

quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

quote:
Originally posted by My 2 cents

You should listen to people who were there ( don't think the minutes of the meeting are available yet ) about how FW presented himself, and claimed to represent OLE. He was finally shouted down.

There are plenty of people claiming to represent OLE these days. I am curious about what an OLE resident/property owner/board member(?) might have to say to the membership of HPP, or why he might feel that taking up time in their meeting would be welcome. Details of this, anyone?

I was at the meeting. It wasn't an "HPP meeting" per se. Joy and Eileen spoke. They spoke about the PMAR topic trying to straighten out the misinformation the HPP PMAR committee had been reporting to lot owners. Donald Smith Hawaii District engineer spoke about current and future highway work, and a couple of engineers spoke. One of them focused on the process of road dedication. They took questions at the end of the meeting. There were board members from other subdivisions who spoke about their challenges as well because they knew that Joy and Eileen would be there. It was interesting to hear the specific challenges that other subdivisions are dealing with.

Apparently I misinterpreted "HPP meeting about roads" and I stand corrected. Thanks for the info Mermaid.
Thanks all for the input. Yes, nothing is carved in stone, except that the court is waiting on appointment of a "special master" (not receivership) to investigate the situation - this was as of June 22, 2017. orchidland.org/ is performing road work/maintenance and has access to 2 of the 3 bank accounts. This board is meeting monthly on the 15th and posting minutes on the website. Some residents paid MRMA, some haven't. More will be revealed . . .
quote:
Originally posted by DoryGray

Thanks all for the input. Yes, nothing is carved in stone, except that the court is waiting on appointment of a "special master" (not receivership) to investigate the situation - this was as of June 22, 2017. orchidland.org/ is performing road work/maintenance and has access to 2 of the 3 bank accounts. This board is meeting monthly on the 15th and posting minutes on the website. Some residents paid MRMA, some haven't. More will be revealed . . .

Yes... more to be revealed.....
That is where the constant slap to the okole always comes about.
Slow Walker
Dory,
Do you know if that board (.org / road maintenance/ 2/3 accounts) is the one trying to impose the 12% interest on past dues?
Sorry if this has already been answered and thank you.
If the Arthurs group wins their lawsuit, would that mean the OLCA would be on the hook for their legal fees and expenses? I read somewhere they had spent something like $100K.
quote:
Originally posted by J Abrams

If the Arthurs group wins their lawsuit, would that mean the OLCA would be on the hook for their legal fees and expenses? I read somewhere they had spent something like $100K.

Just listen.... their goes more of your monies out to sea.
You know the lawyers will make make a killing anyway it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbS3ExYFujE
Slow Walker