Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speeding cars in neighborhood
In my neighborhood, many neighbors feel we need to do something to reduce the habit of speeding .

One of our Directors on the Board said this...
...residents are concerned that paving the roads will increase speeding, but Leilani has paved roads without the speeding problems that Paradise Park has. He suggested that "residents lead by example by driving 35 miles per hour."

Does Leilani Estates have safe road behavior or is this statement above of denial and subjectivity?
I don't know where he got that idea. There are plenty of speeders on Leilani Avenue, day and night. Not as much on side streets

IMHO the HPP Board has some problems dealing with most road-related issues, including speeding. The recent repaving of Paradise Drive appears to have been something of a fiasco, with potholes already appearing in at least three locations that I have noticed. There are also stories going round of severe cost overruns on that paving job, although I must note that these reports could just be gossip.

The County Police do have jurisdiction over traffic related matters, even though these are private roads. We called them concerning some lunatic ATV activity, and they actually got here in time to take action and stop it. Speeders, due to the nature of the offense, are likely to be long gone by the time they are reported, and I don't see the cops setting up speed traps anywhere around here. If the roads ever get paved, speed humps might be an option on the side roads.

Anyone out there have more concrete information on these issues?

Aloha,
Jerry

speeding seems to be a big problem in our subdivisions, it sure is in ours. what we came up with is handing out what they call "blue report cards" to our residents. it is a form which anyone that witnesses an infraction can fill out and mail(or fax) to the police department. you fill in the date, time,license #,location, description of the vehicle and what they did. the police will then mail them a warning letter to the owner of the car, informing them of the infraction.

At the Puna Neighborhood watch captains meeting, the officers stated that if you get a picture of the incident (esp. license # or other decriptives) it really helps them out, since they can not be every where, and have to rely on word of mouth if there is no documented proof, so get your cameras out & start snapping those pictures.
Aloha, Carey