Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Tires/Alignment
Our wonderful East Hawaii roads have messed up my car yet again.
Need new tires and alignment.
Been ripped off at Lex Brodies and Midas so far.
Any good recommendations out there?
Thanks, KW
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Pro-Mechanix across from Hilo Island Naturals.
Sears can do it all. It has good prices for tires and quick turn around time
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

Sears can do it all. It has good prices for tires and quick turn around time

If you choose Sears - try to buy your tires online and have them shipped to the store. Better pricing that way believe it or not.

ETA - 'online' being Sears.com
Also near Hilo Island Naturals, K&J tire. Locally owned, reliable. After buying 4 new tires there and paying a little more than Sears or Firestone, I've gone back twice with little issues, sidewall leak, and ran over a screw for a flat. They fixed it free each time.
Last time I was at Firestone they were offering a "lifetime" alignment. It was more expensive than Lex Brodies but if the alignment went out they would redo it for free for as long as you owned the car. Don't know if they still have that deal.

I had mine done at Lex Brodies. I used a coupon I found online to get a discount.

ETA: I always found that Costco had the best priced/quality tires. Cheaper to get them there even factoring in gas plus a yearly membership fee. They take appointments so you're not waiting around for hours.
Does Sears do alignments in Hilo??

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Skip Sears. They may be out of business before any warranty on the tires is over.
K&J is great and Wheel Alignment HI is right behind them.

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
Watch out for R & G tire - an Oakland, CA outfit who likes to charge shy high prices for their rubber!!