Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbound missle from N. Korea alert.
"not only will no one loose their jobs, but they will give themselves a raise"

Sadly, your prophecy is probably more accurate than mine.
From another news outlet:

The false alarm was caused by a Hawaii Emergency Management Agency employee who 'pushed the wrong buttons' during a shift handover.

Incredibly, officials said the employee who made the mistake wasn't aware of it until mobile phones in the command center began displaying the alert.

'This guy feels bad, right. He's not doing this on purpose - it was a mistake on his part and he feels terrible about it,' said EMA Administrator Vern Miyagi in a press conference Saturday afternoon.

Miyagi, a retired Army major general, said the employee had been with the agency for 'a while' and that he would be 'counseled and drilled so this never happens again'.

Miyagi said that there was no template in the system for an alert retraction, and so the all-clear message had to be manually entered and activated, accounting for some of the delay.
Slow boat to High-Low
The only real reason why Hawaii insisted upon this missile alert system to begin with was to try and make Trump look bad. Instead, they have succeeded in making themselves a laughing stock, again.
Susan, you chill pinot noir?

Never heard of chilling a red.

To each's own I suppose.

Alohas
Vern Miyagi needs to step down.
I watched the C-D head advising what to do if it was a real attack. He advised to go to a concrete high rise and shelter in the basement, great if there is one less than 10 minutes away, and if caught on the road, crawl under your car on the side of the road??? Caught under a burning car? I shut it off after that stupidity
I could go into my sealed shipping container. The Fallout won't get me and I'll die painlessly from my own carbon dioxide poisoning
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Hawaii insisted upon this missile alert system... to try and make Trump look bad. Instead, they have succeeded in making themselves a laughing stock,

Do you think Hawaii, or any other entity needs to lift a finger to make Trump look bad? I can guarentee you who's going to look bad without any assistance tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that...

Hawaii State officials might show generic, sophomoric incompetence, but when stacked up against the master of incompetence, they are not worthy (to borrow from Wayne's World).

"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.” - President Donald J. Trump
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
This is just sad and crazy all at the same time. I didn’t get the initial alert but recieved the follow up ‘There is NO THREAT” alert at 8:36. Someone needs to loose their job. Why did it take them so long to realize they pushed the wrong button. I am sure one of them in that room recieved the alert too!
Stacey
Living the life in Cali and Hawai‘i
To all:
The Keystone Cops are alive and well in Hawaii.