Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Walkouts
Who would run into a building when the only thing you know about it is that someone in there has a gun and wants to use it?

"I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon."
- President Donald J. Trump, February 26, 2018

I would definitely be in favor of posting him at Keaau High or Pahoa High to protect our keiki.

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

"I hope your are also aware of the recent incidents of potential shooters THWARTED by armed citizens."

No, Im are not aware, but does it in any way weigh up against the number of lives lost by school shootings, a very substantial number of suicides and toddlers pulling handguns from purses in Walmart and shooting their mother in the face?

You will be amazed at the answers provided by gun nuts when asked this question.
LOL. There will never be any agreement for the two sides here. Thanks for hosting it Rob.

Like I have said before, I'm stoked to see officer Mike at the school everyday. Rapping with the kids and teaching them to look up to and respect the police.
We doing something right in this.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Who would run into a building when the only thing you know about it is that someone in there has a gun and wants to use it?

That's why we hire Police. If you cannot perform this vital piece of the job, you should find another line of work.
Indeed, that seems to be the police protocol now:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immediate_...Deployment

Gives me even more respect for the police. Why aren't people constantly thank them for their service? Because of speeding tickets?
I find the people who criticize law enforcement are either people who have never needed to call the police or criminals who don't like the other team...
And please stop talking down about our police force.
That's why we hire Police. If you cannot perform this vital piece of the job, you should find another line of work.
Immediate_Action_Rapid_Deployment - Gives me even more respect for the police.

Yes, police should be thanked and applauded when they do their job, especially under difficult or trying circumstances.
If they don't perform as described in their job description, we shouldn't pretend that they do.

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
At Columbine the armed police response did nothing. Nineteen years later at Parkland the armed response did nothing.

Never in history have we as a country (and maybe the world) had so many guns in our society. It is unique and has become a problem in its own right. The firepower is frightening in the hands of idiots and we have no shortage of idiots. In the old west many if not most towns understood the potential for carnage and required guns to be checked at the edge of town. We have not learned from our history.

Meanwhile in this moment of history every segment of our economy has become gamed and controlled by corporate interests. Education, transportation, medicine, food, housing, all segments. Guns are in the same position.... controlled by corporations interested in extracting the most profit for the least effort. I have to give the NRA credit for their mastery of lobbying for a minority interest ($$$) to the detriment of the majority.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
"I predict if any gun control is enacted, the next school attack will involve Sarin or Ricin"

Yeah, so easy to buy Ricin at a Ricin store (or a Ricin Show) and know how to use it to kill 17 people in 4 minutes.
Does the love of guns replace rational thought in the brain?

Australia got rid of many guns after the last mass shooting there (over 20 years ago). No ricin or sarin attacks so far.
Your predictive powers are a joke.
Let's wait until there is any (should have said substantial or Federal) gun control and then we'll see how good my Carnac impression is!