Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Walkouts
Anyway, he said "I didn't feel the need to provide sources because I know Paul will feverishly look them up to try to prove me wrong".
That's exactly what I would do if I could be bothered. People who quote extremist websites about black crime, no thank you.
Feel free to debate him if you want.
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

2011? But it was only attempted murder. Close enough for me.

How many other incidents which happen, or in this case didn't happen - - once a decade or so, incidents that affect one person out of 200,000 living on Big Island, would cause you to respond in a similar manner? Do you stop going in the ocean if one shark bites, excuse me, almost bites a swimmer every 7 or 8 years?

BTW, most of the gun related incidents here are between relatives. Stay on the good side of your cuz and you'll probably be ok.

Using your weak argument, there is no need for any additional gun control in Hawaii as it seems that since we have not had a school shooting, there is no reason to worry or do anything to prevent one from possibly happening.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

The sources are useless, they do not support his statements or they are "just some guy" on the internet saying so in a blog.

Actually, PaulW - he uses ABC News, Fox News, Australian newspapers...
I'm surprised he didn't quote The Daily Stormer.
Using your weak argument

1) Where do you find a weakness in my argument?
2) What information do you have showing a more accurate probability for the average person's risk of home invasion in Puna?

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The worst "source" is, of course, Info Wars. That dude is just crazy. He was sued and lost the case from someone he blasted with his gibberish. Don't know why HRC and the pizza restaurant owner didn't sue him for "pizza gate". A moron with a semi-auto rifle shot up the place and there was zero evidence of any criminal activity. Saw the attorney that originally made up the pizza gate BS in an interview. He just writes whatever he wants about anyone knowing it's total fabrication. The first amendment is one thing. Provable slander and lies is another. Trump has said (in easily searchable videos) that he gets his news from the National Enquirer. You know. Like "Aliens live among us." type stuff. This is where his head is at.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Old Croc,
Thanks for taking the time to detail and provide sources for your post. I appreciate all of the time you put into providing the info for those of us who asked if you would.

I did reply to several of the items on your list earlier, but I'd like to include my link this time as well. You said:

10. “After 1997, both Australia and New Zealand experienced similar drops in mass murders, even though New Zealand had NOT altered its gun control laws.”
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/2...tions.html

I replied:
The death rate from guns in NZ has varied from 3 to 15 per year. There is no trend one way or another. It goes up and down between 3 and 15 each year, too small a number to statistically indicate anything.
Here's the link (from a pro gun blog in NZ):
https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/2017/0...-homicide/

With a death rate between only 3 and 15 people for the last 20 years, a rate that varies up and down with no consistent trend, in a population of 4.7 million, it would not be possible to draw any comparison of a NZ mass murder rate with Australia, as the writer in your link suggests.

New Zealand is a good example however, for how a country can have guns and keep the risk low. They must be doing something right.

If you want to combine the dual pleasures of insanity and social acceptance, religion is your only choice. - Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by RWR

c'mon Oink, jump in the fire with us !

"fire" spoken in the proverbial sense but not as in "line of fire" or "smoking gun" kine. LOL

aloha

Umm, let me think. Uhhh...., NO!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
LOL, all you would have to do is put up a few factual links like old croc did and guys like paul (who keep admitting they don't know anything about) would run away and we could end this thing.
Factual links? What a load of old crock.