Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucy's Mexican Restaurant
Went to Lucy's today & the place was dirty (everywhere!) & the food was just so, so. We feel they've really gone downhill - probably not going back!
did you ask them ? Or just come to post negatively here ?
Not being negative ...just telling the truth. Hopefully they'll work on things. This was the 2nd time things were like this.
Taco Tita's in Ka'u has great mexican food Smile

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
"did you ask them ? Or just come to post negatively here ?"

I'm not sure what you mean, are you suggesting a customer should ask a business why it's filthy, have gone downhill, and they do not meet expectations? I understand that a lot of people do that, but it is usually with an expectation of getting something "comped". I can understand that, but not everybody feels that way. I for one appreciate the feedback on local businesses being posted on a public forum so that I can make more informed choices in the future.

I only ate at Lucy's once for lunch and I found the ambient noise level to be intolerable (possibly the loudest restaurant I've been to in Hilo that didn't have live music) and the food was so salty it bordered on inedible.

I didn't ask them why these events occurred, I just never went back.

Usually I only go out of my way to tell a business when they have exceeded expectations. When I was a line cook that always meant a great deal to me. I never had anybody come tell me my food sucked, but I can't imagine it would have been a positive experience.
One persons anonymous negative *opinion* reaching hundreds. And the (family ) restaurant is not even here to defend itself ?

What could be wrong with that!?

If you have a complaint or something to point out, why not tell them on the spot rather than blast if all over the internet ?
HELP rather than HURT !

*no offense intended to Dave.
Thanks Terracore...my thoughts exactly!
I went there recently and it was fine. One of the owners (I think) was sitting at a back table observing things.
I also have been there recently and it was the same has it has been in the past. Yes, it can be noisy. But the food is good. As far as being clean the tables are self bused. So maybe you were there one those days of lazy folks.

But as in all things tastes differ.
Good things about Lucy’s - Their meat is very flavorful. I really like their street tacos. The food satisfactory not great.
Bad: The salsa is the absolute worst I have ever tasted. The noise level is too much for me. I have taken to Reuben’s more chill atmosphere and decor.
The bathrooms have been really filthy several times when I have been there. I really dislike the red wall. I would paint it something brighter and add some colored lights for the cantina experience.