• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waa Waa paving
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele wahine

quote:

They have established one way traffic.132 from Pahoa is one way to Kapoho and from Kapoho it is one way through Waa Waa .

Where did you get this information from?

Wahine

It keeps changing. I think they change every few hours but that was going on.

I asked Eileen about this one way rumor. Following is her reply:

Haven't heard that rumor which doesn't make sense. The concern here is that Hwy 132 becomes compromised, so we will still have the beach road. The advance down the east rift has taken a more southerly direction away from 132, but this event appears far from over.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
It took the US Army 7 months to make a 1,700-mile road from the mainland to Alaska in 1942. Granted it wasn't originally paved, but they didn't have modern road equipment either.

Now you couldn't get a committee together to consider an environmental impact study in 7 months.
US Army 7 months to make a 1700 mile road

1969: "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."
2018: "Kalapana? Sorry you can't get there on this road. Cracks."

Portion of Hawaii’s drinking water that comes from underground wells : 9/10
Gallons of raw sewage that leak into the ground from Hawaii cesspools each day : 53,000,000 - Harper's Index
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Talked to county worker at Pakaka Road where they are now and still working. They are on schedule to finish tomorrow. The paving is 12' wide. It's the county doing the work but also using trucking contractors for the fast volume of asphalt.

Go County of Hawaii!!
"1969: "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

One of my favorite articles, though like all media not entirely accurate, is how the Apollo 11 astronauts had to "go through customs in Hawaii" after returning from the moon.

They were, after all, returning to this country, and subject to our immigration laws:

https://www.space.com/7044-moon-apollo-a...stoms.html

(notice their incoming flight #: Apollo 11)
I'm glad the mango trees are staying Big Grin also, Waa Waa is a great name.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
Everybody not impacted by the lava is saying Save the Trees. Anyone who might need Beach road to escape the lava is saying What Trees?
"I asked Eileen about this one way rumor. Following is her reply:

Haven't heard that rumor which doesn't make sense. The concern here is that Hwy 132 becomes compromised, so we will still have the beach road. The advance down the east rift has taken a more southerly direction away from 132, but this event appears far from over."

It isn't a rumor because people in Kapoho had to do that one day when the cracks formed on 132 near Noni Farms rd.It was one way down 132 and one way back on beach road.I didn't go through it but my wife and several neighbors did.

quote:

"I asked Eileen about this one way rumor. Following is her reply:

Haven't heard that rumor which doesn't make sense. The concern here is that Hwy 132 becomes compromised, so we will still have the beach road. The advance down the east rift has taken a more southerly direction away from 132, but this event appears far from over."

It isn't a rumor because people in Kapoho had to do that one day when the cracks formed on 132 near Noni Farms rd.It was one way down 132 and one way back on beach road.I didn't go through it but my wife and several neighbors did.

Obie,

Just because folks in Kapoho had to travel that way for one day doesn't mean that that is the way it is from now on. No one in Waa Waa was notified of any sort of one way designation for Government Beach Rd.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example