Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap reading glasses?
I'm trying to find a place in Hilo that sells (cheap)reading glasses. I won't buy expensive ones because I'm very rough on them and I seem to break them constantly. Longs in Keaau use to have a basket full of reading glasses of all different magnifications for $3.00 each. But that seems to be no more. Anyone know of anywhere locally where I can get a pair for under $10.00 (preferably under $5.00)?
I buy all my readers through Amazon.
Usually 3 or more pairs at a time.
They cost much less than local and I always have some on hand when I need them.
My last order from over a month ago that I have not yet used:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P1INFOO/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stppvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3534659762&pd_rd_wg=0tcGS&pf_rd_r=JB7VKVWMA1629VJYT05Q&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00P1INFOO&pd_rd_w=k0sZb&pf_rd_i=mens+reading+glasses+1.50+spring+hinge&pd_rd_r=36b4aaa7-1a3e-494c-80bf-cc7b68b3e0ed&ie=UTF8&qid=1523328245&sr=3

EDIT:
Know what strength you need.
Don't pay attention to the recommendations on the web page.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
If you can get to Costco they sell them in a 3 pack for around $20.00.

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Maybe look at Kostuless in Hilo?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Walmart has 3 pair packs for about $8 near the pharmacy window
Here's another option from Amazon. Kane is very hard on glasses, and these have been great. Five pack for under $14.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WCZPPP8/ref=s9_acsd_ps_hd_bw_bFrIr_c_x_3_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=AYHV1TRH8SFGX1NAS0J6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=b5335781-16e0-5734-bdeb-167c2bfd7d03&pf_rd_i=3779821

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
Thank You everyone. I went to Walmart and they were sold out of my magnification (2.50). Same with Target. Longs didn't have any in Keaau and the Longs in Hilo were too expensive. Finally found some in Walgrens (by one for $10.99....get one free). But I'm going to order also from Amazon for the future as they are 3 for $10.00.
But ordering from Amazon hurts the local economy! You're supposed to make do with paying too much for the wrong product so you can support local jobs!