Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUNA vs other Hawaii
Is this tikiyaki from Lottaliving.com? I have been meaning to send you this link but been busy. Looks like you found it. Totally off topic here, well maybe not, I saw you are selling your awesome house on LL. Buy a lot in Seaview and we can start an MCM colony Smile Welcome to my little home away from home.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
quote:
Is this tikiyaki from Lottaliving.com? I have been meaning to send you this link but been busy. Looks like you found it. Totally off topic here, well maybe not, I saw you are selling your awesome house on LL. Buy a lot in Seaview and we can start an MCM colony Smile Welcome to my little home away from home.

Atlanta/Pahoa

Yes, PunaGirl, one and the same. Your correspondence with me got me looking at Puna, Pahoa etc...
Yes, I'm selling my house...Glad you like it !
Believe me, I am figuring the whole Hawaii thing out right now...it's become a bit of an obsession lately. For me, I would ultimately want a dual residence...like Hawaii 3 months a year, and So Cal the rest.( of course, that number will vary) Being that I do most of my work on computer, this is possible, but you know, there's the issue of money with that whole thing.

I'm making whatever small steps I can to make this work, like paying for everything with an AA Advantage card to get Frequest Flyer miles, so that I can get free plane trips.
Also, selling the house here, and hopefully putting some of the money in some sort of money making account (CD's or whatever...TBD) so, that I can do this kind of lifestyle.

How much are Seaview lots and homes these days ?
Realistically tho' I may try to do it by just renting to avoid some of the headaches of owning in a place where I'm not living full time.

I do love the BI, as well as Oahu. I have not been to the other islands yet.

Edited by - tikiyaki on 08/24/2006 14:00:51
Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
quote:
I call them "Trustafarians".

John Dirgo, RA, ABR, e-PRO
Island Trust Properties, LLC
808-987-9243 cell

LOL...great term. Envious as hell of those peeps :-O

Check out my Exotica CD at www.tikiyakiorchestra.com
Hey, Haoleboy (aka Brian?),

Which way is East? What is it next to? Is that Puna?

The other direction all these malahini kine seem to like is "North". Sheesh! We live on a round island and those mainland dirctions are difficult to keep track of. There is "Mauka" which is towards the mountains, "Makai" which is towards the ocean and then there are sideways directions like "Hilo side" and "Kona side". Or Hilo side and Keaau side or whichever sideways directional markers are convienent for where you are starting from. Directions such as "the Volcano side of Pahoa Highway" are much more understandable than "the north side of highway 47" or whatever it's number is or which ever direction Volcano side is.

Hey, Punamom, who are these Joneses? And where are they going that we should keep up with them? (If it is ahead of the lava, then it would probably be a good idea!)

Just wondering.....

A hui hou!
Cathy

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
"where are the jones?"

i hear they're building a house at the end of Kahakai Blvd in hawaiian shores.........

Hey Hotzcatz (AKA Cathy)
Sorry about the "East side" reference (what do you expect from a haoleboy). Just trying to protect my haole culture.
Aloha
Richwhiteboy (not Brian)

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."- President William Clinton
“Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good.”
- Henry Rollins

HAHAHA Everybodies gettin funny again Thats Haoleboys bad influence Smile

Hey wait... dont knock Hawi! I worked out there for awhile with the Isaacs who did some of the developements out there -

The trustafarians are the part you see.... typically Hawi has been long time families who worked as ranchers or at the hotels after that ...the part you dont see.

-Cat
Gee weren't the 70's hippies the love in inspiring kind? Live and let live, Love one another, praise the children? Sounds like aloha to me. Perhaps why the puna is so popular? Sorry I missed the flower child 70's love in culture.

mella l

PS was thinking a title like, this VS that, might set the wrong tone and keep people from posting. Puna compared to other Hawaiian spots would inspire more replys? Could be wrong and usually am! LOL

Edited by - mella l on 08/25/2006 09:26:46
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Oh, don't get started on that house at the end of Kahakai, it seems to be a real "hot button" for some people.

John Dirgo, RA, ABR, e-PRO
Island Trust Properties, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
John Dirgo, R, PB, EcoBroker, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.alohacoastrealty.com
http://www.bigislandvacationrentals.com
http://www.maui-vacation-rentals.com