Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill 160... adding "truthful" to the ethics code?
I sent an message of support.
Thanks Rob, for your effort in initiating and advocating this bill.

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” - President Donald J. Trump, 7/25/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Done
Sent - thanks for your efforts on this Rob!
Thanks folks. Appreciated.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
sent my email of support to every council member................thank you, Rob
I've sent support requests to all... what else is there? Truth!
Any update on your thoughts about this Rob? Looks like Draft 2 is on tomorrow's County Council agenda.

http://hawaiicounty.granicus.com/DocumentViewer.php?file=hawaiicounty_1ad8c0822f3906ee9b7ea5fcf419c25c.pdf&view=1
It never hurts to send them more testimony in support...

counciltestimony@co.hawaii.hi.us

Subject: In support of Bill 160

I do know that Councilmember O'Hara was taking the pulse of the members of the Ethics Commission with whom I met at length a few months ago and discussed this. At the time they indicated support. I will assume they were telling the truth. We will see. Perhaps tomorrow.

So please send in support...

Punaweb moderator
The reason I asked is that the version linked to from the agenda now reads:

http://records.co.hawaii.hi.us/weblink/DocView.aspx?dbid=0&id=964976
Officers and employees shall provide accurate and factual information to the public, including identification of any referenced authority, to the best of each officer's or employee's abilities and knowledge.

Seems like one step forward (identifying referenced authority) and two steps back (best of ability or knowledge)? Unless I missed something the last version did not have these outs for incompetence or ignorance.

ETA: fixed typo, thx
Thanks, let me look into this... I sent Eileen this message....

Aloha Eileen,

If this is the new intended language: Officers and employees shall provide accurate and factual information to the public, including indentification of any referenced authority, to the best of each officer's or employee's abilities and knowledge.:

I am a bit disappointed with the watered down phrase "to the best of each officer's or employee's abilities and knowledge."

Accurate and factual information is simply accurate and factual information and people's intentions, abilities and personal level of knowledge should not come into it. County officers and employees are PAID to be knowledgeable. IT IS THEIR JOB. If it is not within their ability then this needs to be found out and they should be removed from county employment.

I can not support this language.

Mahalo,

Rob Tucker

PS "indentification" I believe should be spelled "identification"

Punaweb moderator