Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruggles Excused
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Apparently the International Criminal Court thinks differently.

The International Criminal Court doesn’t think anything. Unless they make a ruling. Have they?

They agreed to hear the case, so they consider the Hawaiian Kingdom to have standing at their court. That means that the ICC considers the HK to be an independent state. The actual case is trivial compared to this.

EDIT
----------
If the ICC did not consider the HK to be an independent state, they would have simply dismissed the case since they have no standing.
The United States, China, India, and Indonesia (along with some smaller nations) do not recognize the authority of the International Criminal Court. The U.S. Senate has never ratified the necessary treaty. Here's the Wikipedia piece:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...inal_Court

And then there's the matter of the statehood vote of 92% in favor.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

The United States, China, India, and Indonesia (along with some smaller nations) do not recognize the authority of the International Criminal Court. The U.S. Senate has never ratified the necessary treaty. Here's the Wikipedia piece:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...inal_Court

Sure, and the HK never ratified anything authorizing annexation. It was a military takeover pure and simple. You know, the kind the US cries about when others do it?

As for the vote, ever heard of https://hawaiiankingdom.org/blog/denatio...anization/

Pretty obvious who is right and who is wrong here.
So the mystery reason for Ruggles dropping out of the race is ... insanity?
Or maybe some crip weed.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

This is the kind of landslide win only seen in places like North Korea, and always indicates a sham. In the case of Hawaii, non landowners (most hawaiians at the time) were exluded from the vote, while mainlanders were shipped here specifically to stuff the ballots, "legally". The actual statistic you refer to is about a third your claim, nothing to crow about.

You should probably also read up on the stolen lands of the ignominous States you quote as justifications, the writings of the recognized government at the time, never legally deposed, and the apology resolution.
"In the case of Hawaii, non landowners (most hawaiians at the time) were exluded from the vote"

I did not know this. Could you please provide a (reputable) source for this? Thank you.
[quote]Originally posted by alohanaia

[quote]
In the case of Hawaii, non landowners (most hawaiians at the time) were exluded from the vote, while mainlanders were shipped here specifically to stuff the ballots, "legally".[quote]

Cite a source or it's just more Hawaiian nationalist fantasy nonsense. It was a free vote and the turnout was higher than anything seen in generations since.
non landowners (most hawaiians at the time) were exluded from the vote

That may have been true in Hawaii in the 1800’s under the monarchy, but voters didn't need to own land in the 1959 statehood election. Residents of Ni’ihau voted, and none of them owned property.

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” - President Donald J. Trump, 7/25/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I haven't heard why Jen Ruggles is "excused", but I have to figure she has a good reason. Health? Who knows. And none of you complainers never had excused time off work?

Peace and long life
Peace and long life