Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Hurricane Season
I just heard it's slowed even more to moving 2 miles per hour now!!

I can probably commando crawl faster than that.
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

I just heard it's slowed even more to moving 2 miles per hour now!!

I can probably commando crawl faster than that.

Those are the worst kind - they can deluge you for days.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
slowed even more to moving 2 miles per hour

You can only imagine what silverfinn07 has to say about that, stuck swimming in endless circles under the hurricane’s eye for the last two days, when he pauses for a few minutes and logs in on FishNet.net.

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” - President Donald J. Trump, 7/25/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
@ EW - What am I supposed to see and believe there Frank?

Well, your are seeing the real deal, as opposed to a mockup, against lat & long gradient. over time 1 can see the movement rather clearly

fyi...each degree of lat = 69 miles - each degree of long = approx 60 miles

hope this helps

eta...this is for location of the eye position of the cane and its movement...rain, thunder, ice, all that other is great on windy
"slowed even more to moving 2 miles per hour."

yep, Lane is a lurker! ....... "HURRICANE LANE LURKING JUST SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS" (per Central Pacific Hurricane Center.) How annoying
There was a hurricane years ago, sorry don't remember name about 10 yrs ago, that hovered off the lower Puna coast for days. It would literally move back and forth very slowly parallel to our coast. Super humid, didn't rain too much nor was it very windy for most of the time.
It's in keeping with the slow motion disaster motif we began in may. And it IS a disaster. The Dark Side of the Moon show at Imiloa has been postponed until September.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Thanks Frank I appreciate it really. I'll try lots of others too.

My 3G POJ Verizon wireless device here seems to limit the sites I can enjoy.

Anything with a lot of movement/data gets choppy. I get a continual choppy blinking pic of the pacific hurricane system as I tried your app a couple times now:

https://atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxlo...wv+/48h/3h.

I use Windy because I don't seem to have problems with it.

https://www.windy.com/?rain,18.407,-156.929,6

Maybe because it's not real time I'm able to see a still clear picture?

Edited to ad prediction part here:

So windy ty NOW shows all the mass of major moisture now above the big island and into Maui.

We might actually have one more stint-or not if you're on the southern part of Puna, then a break where we see just light rain or none!!

The fact that all the moisture is grouped now instead of spread out everywhere seems significant? Not sure how but maybe this is the beginning of the end for us puna folk.
LANE WEAKENING QUICKLY JUST SOUTH OF HAWAII

BUT FLOODING RAINFALL AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS REMAIN A THREAT
200 PM HST Fri Aug 24 2018
Maximum sustained winds: 85 MPH
Moving: NNE at 2 MPH

------pretty good visual of Lane losing formation:
https://atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxlo...wv+/48h/3h
That final aforementioned stint or, mass of moisture isn't moving off very fast at all. Giant avocado salad sitting over big island and Maui.