Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rat lungworm: now owned by oahu
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/2018...uidelines/

Flip to the end of the "preliminary guidelines" and guess what? Susan Jarvi isn't involved.

Spinal tap for non specific symptoms-doesn't sound like any progress has been made.
This State is such a confused backwater. It should be downgraded to a Territory like PR.
Hah! Not even worthy of being a state? A lot of Hawaiian activists would like that. They want nothing to do with USA who came and stole their land.

True the spinal tap is such an intrusive test. Painful too. Poor people that don't have it and have to go through that to be told they aren't infected. And if you are infected it's like insult to injury.
There has to be a better way?
There has to be a better way?

Too bad State shut down "actual research" in favor of "funded research-like activities".

One surprise: the nice publication mentions that the first case of RLW was in 1961.

2018-1961 = 57 years to reach the "preliminary guidelines" stage.
"Not even worthy of being a state? A lot of Hawaiian activists would like that. They want nothing to do with USA who came and stole their land."

I disagree. First, the majority of vocal pro-sovereignty protesters owe their present and future standard of living to their status as US citizens. Second, the most vocal protesters derive their identity from being perpetual victims. It would almost be worth it to see them flounder when left alone with only equally unhinged types to sink or swim as a society.
Exactly. A few generations of Territory Status would change the tune around here I suspect. The second Statehood vote might be 90%+
The 1959 statehood vote was 93% in favor on a turnout of 90%.

Edited to add turnout number.
Huh. I didn't know it was that high. Amazing turnout too!
quote:
Originally posted by AaronM

This State is such a confused backwater. It should be downgraded to a Territory like PR.

Good one.