Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kona Flight - No Working Restrooms at 30,000 Feet
I’ve occassionally experienced some inconvenience on a flight, or a delay prior to take off, even a cancellation once - - but at least I was never far from a functioning bathroom:

In what sounds like the most unpleasant flight to Hawaii ever, a flushed diaper caused a plane’s toilets to overflow, forcing passengers to urinate in bags and bottles.

Yep, things got messy last week on an American Airlines flight from Phoenix, Ariz., to Kona, Hawaii, NBC News 12 reports.

In video footage, a female passenger who urgently had to use the restroom spoke with a flight attendant, who agreed that the situation was “horrible” and offered the use of a plastic bag.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/american...35360.html

Senior members of the Trump Administration described Trump's mood Wednesday as "volcanic." Wed, Sept 6, 2018
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Yet another reason to ban kids from planes.
Stink flight .
Probably 1st time
had to urinate in
a home made lua.
Never went camping garruns .
Probably has PTSD for life.
Refund every 1 on the flight $ - upgrade all to 1st class
and pay each passenger 10K for the no lua
memory of a life time.

Plane had only one restroom?

Curse that autocorrect!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
only 1 lua in economy - 2 in business and 2 in 1st class.

In economy is like grey hound bus at 30K feet.

More worse in 3rd world countries.

Lucky we stey Hawaii nei
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Plane had only one restroom?

The toilets in the rear all share one common drain (don't ask how I know), so apparently the clog of one can affect the others.

Flushing a diaper? Only in America can someone that foolish earn enough money for an airline ticket, or...never mind.
They did all receive 30k air miles. That is enough for a free round trip anywhere on the mainland, but not to Hawaii. In other words, don't fly back here again...
Mrs Mimosa,

only 1 lua in economy - 2 in business and 2 in 1st class.
In economy is like grey hound bus at 30K feet.
More worse in 3rd world countries.
Lucky we stey Hawaii nei

Maybe you haven't flown recently, but it was an AA 757 with only two classes, the so-called "1st class" and coach (although coach is split into main cabin extra and the rest). There is one restroom for 1st class and three for coach. I've lost count how many times I've flown on that particular type.
That’s the most miles I’ve seen anyone get out of one diaper. [Big Grin]
I’ve had the misfortune to fly AA recently from Honolulu to LA (not my choosing) and the conditions were appalling: (1) feces in the sink; (2) food and stains on the floor, seats and tray tables; (3) no headphones available (first world problem I know) mine are Bluetooth; (4) smallest seats and legroom I have ever experienced.

Conditions of the OP aside, I would strongly encourage staying away from AA to any friends or family.