Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicopter post deleted--see FAA thread
The pot choppers don't bother me near as much as the tour helicopters. Sure, they are much louder when they come, but they only stay for a short time and then they're gone for months. The tour helicopters are constant, day in and day out. It's like the difference between a shotgun blast and a leaky faucet. Both are annoying, but the single blast you can recover from. The leaky faucet will drive you nuts.

Disclaimer: The tour helicopters have been much fewer in my area for the last several months. I am grateful, but from the posts here I can see that the annoyance has just shifted to another population. And I certainly have empathy for them after experiencing that annoyance for over 30 years.
... and they don't bother, at least not in my neighborhood, same place the helicopters fly.

For a time in HPP, the duration of the 2018 lava flow, it was an all out assault - - by day from the air, and at night a ground based onslaught from the Honda trunk thumpers.

I'd like to point out that The Hawaiian Kingdom didn't have this problem when they were in power. The 19th century international agreements no doubt stated, if correctly interpreted, that helicopters and electronic stereos were kapu. Mention this to your councilperson Jen Ruggles the next time you call her with a noise complaint.

On Tuesday night, 9/18/2018 Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono had another message for the Republican senators on the Judiciary Committee “Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing.” She added in another related comment, “Bull$hit.”
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Is there any law against using one's roof as a billboard? Painting one's sentiments in large block letters in such a way as to be clearly seen by tourists as the pass overhead?
Hey Glinda, you, my wife and I have the same idea. I was considering making a massive banner and putting out on the lava field. Discretion got the better of me.
Evil tourists, wanting to pay our taxes for us, we should drive them off with pitchforks!
Evil tourists, wanting to pay our taxes for us

Exactly: our quality of life is for sale because County and State say so.
With all due respect Paul, my house sound like a runway sir. That is simply not right
Okay, I will ask the same question I always ask, over the course of many years. So far, I have never received an answer.
Please tell me where I can go to hear for myself this abominable non-stop helicopter noise, and what the peak hours are.

How many flights do you estimate per hour? Thank you.
where I can go to hear for myself

You can't hear the problem at your house, therefore it doesn't exist elsewhere, because noise levels are subjective?

I see a resemblance to "you bought into cheap land and low taxes, so deserve whatever hardship that includes".
any law against using one's roof as a billboard

County might consider that a "sign" and decide to enforce the applicable rules...