Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U of Hawaii Climate Change Study - A Wake Up Call
quote:
Originally posted by riversnout

Nothing cited? Did you even read the article?
-------------------------------------------------------

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2012/0...od-in.html

"cherry picked psudo-scientific reports published by admittedly biased websites" uh, no.

Uh, yes. Take the one above, for example. Comes from a website called "Hockey schtick". There's your admitted bias right up front. Click on the link provided on the website and it says "Oops, not found". Also missing is the graph of temperatures referenced in the article. Why did you post it? Completely worthless. Also worthless are articles from the Daily Mail, as anyone should know.

Here's the real deal on research in this area: https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa/geo...m=fulltext

The only stupidity on show here is yours, snout.
Tip: if you want to convince someone of something, don’t quote ridiculous websites.
I am still confused (nothing new there), what is the point? That there was a little blip of a climate change at some point in time? So what does that have to do with the current situation?

Today, now, humans are using the atmosphere as a tump for all sorts of stuff and we are coming around to recognizing that that sort of behavior is not conductive to our long term strategies. It is that simple. Splitting hairs on the why and wherefore is just stupid. There's a job, it needs to be done, so do it already.

You can go on and on about the details, but the plots, the records as plotted, show a direct, 1:1, relationship with the advent of the combustion engine and an increase in the atmosphere's temperature. Who cares if it is the absolute golden grail of why this is all happening or there is some other aggravating factor? Who? All that matters is it seems that the addition of man made CO2 to the atmosphere is causing stress on the environment in such a way that things might get severely unpleasant for us. And (big "and" that) we could, maybe, just maybe, lessen those effects by curtailing our use of the source of the CO2.

Is there a problem with that? Seriously, is there a question here?
How the environment got so far off-track isn't really the issue.

If we want our species to survive, we have to get off this planet.

Other possible strategies: large-scale environmental engineering, genetic modification to adapt to the new climate. Off-planet migration is more realistic than either of these.

More studies will not solve the problem.
If we want our species to survive, we have to get off this planet.

The only chance that can work is if no County workers or politicians stow away on board. If you’ve watched Lost In Space, you can see how much trouble a single Dr. Smith can create.

More robots though, fill any empty spaces with robots. They’ll always get you out of a jam. (for additional references see Forbidden Planet, introducing Robbie the Robot)
The A.I. self checkouts at Target are always faster, friendlier, and more helpful than any County of Hawaii or State of Hawaii desk clerk I’ve asked for help.

"I want great climate, we’re going to have that.” President Donald J. Trump, while viewing the massive wildfire devastation 11/17/18. (The J stands for Jenius)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

the consequences of unchecked CO2 emissions and temperature increases are more dire than previous studies indicated..

But worry not, if you are a registered Republican none of this will have any effect on you.

Won't have any effect on anyone, regardless of political association.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
I am planning on getting into the hurricane clip installation business, and take a bunch of suckers for a ride! In PPPuna, of course.#128526;

Nobody is buying the "the sky is falling" tirades and flawed "studies", nor are we willing to give up any of our lifstyle for the "cause", which is all about de-empowering people and shrinking their freedom.

Keep it Hawaii folks or lose it.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Open-d - I asked you questions specific to Hawaii. Would you be kind enough to answer them? So far you seem to have avoided answering the questions and posted the usual glib nonsense akin to a conspiracy theorist. It's like reading posts from someone who thinks the NASA Apollo missions were faked.