Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Robert's closing?
I just received a text with a photo of a printed notice that reads:

Aloha KH Vendors,

We (KH staff & Ohana) would like to announce that we havw decided to close market from next week 8/28 until further notice. Noticeable reasons for this decision such as underage drinking, salesof illegal substances and Ohana rulesbeing disrespected or ignored..."

Does anyone know any more about this?
Certainty will be the death of us.
We heard the same thing from the parking attendant at uncles tonight.

Depressing news. Uncles awa band is the best. We are regulars.
Several years ago meth was being sold by one of the vendors. The community was outraged and the vermin was chased away. Liquor consumption controls have been very lax for years. For quite a while I've had a concern about them being named as providing alcohol to an intoxicated person or a minor for which they would, as servers, be held lible. Underage drinking is bad. Meth is, arguably, worse. Way worse. I deeply hope the Keliihoomalu family cleanses the property, establishes some controls and reopens soon. Uncle Roberts is a true Hawaiian treasure.
Is Uncle Robert's licensed for any sales and/or service of alcohol? I know we live in a place where some animals are more equal than other animals, but I had to ask anyway. Conventional wisdom has it that the county police have routinely looked the other way (if they looked at all) in reference to violations there.
Saw on facebook they said closed for a "few weeks".
Is Uncle Robert's licensed for

They aren't licensed for anything, and their facilities are unpermitted.

county police have routinely looked the other way

Actually it's more like selective enforcement. I have seen the police there when it was really necessary; they responded to the specific issue for which they were called and simply did not see any other issues.

I believe there are at least 5 versions of the County Code. The published one applies to corporates, tourists, and haoles. The unpublished ones apply to uncles, cousins, "the" Hawaiians, "some" Japanese, County employees, etc.
The unpublished ones apply to uncles, cousins,

It's like a secret society, for instance Skull & Bones at Yale University. There's a building. Only certain people can enter, and you can even see them walk through the door. Ask around however, and Skull & Bones doesn't exist.

In Hawaii, Cuz & Uncle is a much bigger club. Although it's open air so no building required, it's still curiously members only.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Is Uncle Robert's licensed for

They aren't licensed for anything, and their facilities are unpermitted.

county police have routinely looked the other way

Actually it's more like selective enforcement. I have seen the police there when it was really necessary; they responded to the specific issue for which they were called and simply did not see any other issues.

I believe there are at least 5 versions of the County Code. The published one applies to corporates, tourists, and haoles. The unpublished ones apply to uncles, cousins, "the" Hawaiians, "some" Japanese, County employees, etc.

You forgot Hawain Kingdom just ask the protester

jrw
jrw
You forgot Hawain Kingdom just ask the protester

Not exactly -- Kingdom exemptions are codified in State law, and so do not apply on lands which are "in the County", viz:

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...-property/

Owners are claiming they are legal under Kingdom law, but County is threatening to enforce anyway.
Aina Keli'iho'omalu is a place of rules. Not the rules of the county or the state. But rules of the Ohana. If you don't like it, stay out. Aina Keli'iho'omalu is as sovereign as it gets. Where aloha is the foundation and lawlessness....more specifically disrespect to the aina and the ohana will not be tolerated. Beyond the discussions of permits and permitted buildings are graves of ohana members and histories that reach back many generations. If they say pau. Then pau it is.