Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More fun climate news !
Of course Honolulu is setting records.

How many square miles and tons of heat retaining concrete and asphalt have been poured there over the last 20 or 30 years? Its called a heat sink. The city can't cool off like it used to so the next day's temperatures start out warmer and go to new heights.
And those frolicking Polar Bears and Walruses are melting all those glaciers too!
It was also discovered that there are giant volcanoes under the Antarctic ice causing it to melt.

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
It's not sea level rising...
There are billions more people than 30 years ago, and their weight is causing land masses to sink into the ocean. Not weather related at all.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If Hawaii Island slowly sinks, that is bad enough, but I'm more afraid of it suddenly tipping over and capsizing like Democrat Congressman Hank Johnson said in 2010 might happen to Guam.

suddenly tipping over and capsizing

Think of the FEMA dollars that would bring!
Fortunately we have enough hot air here to stay afloat. Heck, we might even take off into space...
Mangosteen wrote:

"How many square miles and tons of heat retaining concrete and asphalt have been poured there over the last 20 or 30 years? Its called a heat sink. The city can't cool off like it used to so the next day's temperatures start out warmer and go to new heights."

Getting back to the original topic, how on earth does this explain ocean temperature in the central Pacific around Hawaii? Are you claiming the islands are hot therefore they are heating a large part of the Pacific Ocean?
quote:
Originally posted by Mangosteen

Of course Honolulu is setting records.

How many square miles and tons of heat retaining concrete and asphalt have been poured there over the last 20 or 30 years? Its called a heat sink. The city can't cool off like it used to so the next day's temperatures start out warmer and go to new heights.

I think the temperatures are recorded at the airport, so you can't really use that as an excuse.

But if you insist, please explain how Kauai had 48 record setting heat days this summer.

And don't try "natural variability" unless looking for a laugh.

No, clearly there's no explanation other than the one you are desperately trying to avoid.