Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
Thought I’d start a new batch of HPP stuff!

The bills for the annual road fee are “due” out soon, I think January.
Couple things I’d like to know:
Is there going to be an increase this year?
If an increase somehow “shows up” on the bill, do we have to pay it? Far as I know there hasn’t been any board meeting to approve an increase anyway. Has the Finance Committee met to go over the budget and suggest an increase or not?
Should we hold off paying the entire bill and put that amount into an escrow?

Need some advice!

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Well, whatever happens, I don't need a crystal ball to be sure of three things:

1. Any action's legitimacy will be rightfully questioned due to the lack of a functioning BOD.

2. It will result in bitter acrimony, character assassination, and social media sniping, some of which will be applied to misidentified individuals.

3. And it will probably end up in the quagmire of the Hawaii court system with no resolution for years.

Finally, I'll pose a devil's advocate question. Could this be a good thing if the dues are either frozen or the BOD is thrown into a forced receivership to keep some sort of functioning road maintenance going? I have low expectations for the latter option given the nature of the local courts, but who knows?
Happy Holidays 8Fingers and Chunkster,

As one of three legit board members, I can verify that there's still been no board meetings since 19 Jun 2019 with absolutely no legal standing for District 1 rep, Larry Kawaauhau, (one of the three board members) who is suing the Association, to cancel all board and membership meetings. With no board meetings for six months, obviously there's been no board approval to increase the road fees, therefore, an increase would be absolutely illegal.

We may have no district elections for the first time in HPP history since Kawaauhau canceled the membership meeting in October, preventing the members from voting in their Nominating Committee to start the election process. The Finance Committee hasn't had any meetings. The impact of D1 rep's lawsuit against the Association is becoming more serious as time marches on.

I can't advise you how to proceed regarding your road fees. The same three persons, Kawaauhau, the GM and Crelly are managing HPP all by themselves, and have blocked the two legitimate directors from serving as directors. Crelly's still in limbo since the court hasn't clarified him as a director. You aren't alone in your concern and there are some lot owners who've decided not to pay because of this.

Regarding receivership, the defendants are urging to have a trustee ASAP. We believe it's the best thing for the Association's best interest, but it seems not all parties involved agree. A trustee would be in control, bring about transparency, have the power to hire/fire and act as a board. The trustee would turn in monthly reports to the judge and the two attorneys.

Also affecting us right now is that we have an interim judge as the original judge retired in early December.

Seems it's a coup, mermaid.

Thanks for clarifying, Mermaid!

I got my road maintenance fee bill and there's no increase. We have until the 1st of April to pay. Old Croc is spot on when he/she called what has happened to HPP as a COUP. A coup by a rogue director and his sidekick general manager. I'm going to protest and not hand over MY $360 until I see board oversight with my money. No board oversight, no road fee money. If this coup continues past April 1 I'll open up an account for my road fee money. I urge others to do the same. This is a way to protest and affect their coup by withholding OUR money.

I bet they have plenty of money in the bank to last a while.

I’m gonna take that bill and pay it rather than have a lien on my property of which the board doesn’t have to approve. My view is the current situation is abiding by the bylaws as without a majority board vote the dues can not be impacted. Do what you will but not paying your annual dues will only put a lien on your personally owned property
I bet they have plenty of money in the bank to last a while.

Plenty of OUR money could be illegally paying for attorney fees for a lawsuit initiated by a rogue director AND NOT APPROVED by a board. Insurance may not cover the plaintiff's cost since he's suing the Association. Is the money coming out of the plaintiff's pocket? How about the general manager's lawsuit? He's the one suing so insurance may not cover his legal fees either. None of us know where our money's going. I wonder what other directors were in on the lawsuit. Stillwater? I assume that'll come out in the trial. This coup no doubt will have legal ramifications for the plaintiff and others involved in the coup. Because its a coup it's justifiable to not pay road fees when illegal expenditures are going on like the road that got paved not long ago without any board oversight. Let's not pretend things are normal with HPP business, or even legal, Stillwater.

Aww silly girl Leo I understand your view and frustration only downfall to your view is the legitimate proof of your allegations I’m not willing to risk a lien on my property due to fictitious thoughts on another property owners beliefs proofs in the pudding cmon Leo show me the money give me factual proof why I or others shouldn’t pay the dues and have a property lien ?