Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
"[Crelly] resumed his duties because he was legally elected by the membership."
I read that his election was illegal because he filed late, but his friends on the Board and in the office put him on the ballot anyhow. As he was the only candidate because of HPP apathy, that's how he won. Is this true?

resigned his appointed position and then resumed his duties

It's not really a "resignation" if you don't leave your post. Must be a Hawaii thing.
STILLWATER 2/20 9:56

HPP no CCR’s no HOA it’s only a road association

STILLWATER 2/20 19:34
The importance of the objects and purposes of HPPOA does not deem it an HOA And HPP does not have CC&R’s

STILLWATER 2/20 23:08If HPP is to be legally an hoa I wouldn’t feel it to be a typical hoa as the bylaws, dues, etc are in conjunction with the business operating for road maintenance
( I could be slightly swayed for other things such as mailboxes etc for community comforts etc.)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"I COULD BE SWAYED......."   This is  a perfect example of what goes awry .

There is a definitive answer to  what HPPOA is and is not. It is a road association, it is a non profit corp in the state of Hawaii governed by multiple layers of laws.  It is mandated to follow it's own bylaws.  The Bylaws  make a good framework for us to follow.   We just seem to constantly have people serve on Board that either can not interpret them or think they don't have to be followed. And when the ignorance/omnipotence escalates to violating State laws...oh boy........we end up where we are right now.There is no legal reason that I have found to end our Board meetings.  The only reason I can find is "Emotional Based Reasoning".  This is no way to run any Corporation.  A court appointed overseer is a  good , temporary measure but it is not the answer long term.  We need  a professional property management firm.... trained in overseeing personnel, aware of current laws, leading  us  within the law .
p.s. Aloha Katherine, your civil approach here is greatly appreciated. I go by "Reni" here on Punatalk , It's my name.

quote:
Originally posted by Old Croc

"[Crelly] resumed his duties because he was legally elected by the membership."
I read that his election was illegal because he filed late, but his friends on the Board and in the office put him on the ballot anyhow. As he was the only candidate because of HPP apathy, that's how he won. Is this true?

I have not heard that but the HPPOA office should have the application which should be time stamped. Or, Mayelin might have a copy since she was on the BOD at the time. Interesting, if true.

KP
KP
“When your hate is louder than your love, your words have no meaning!”
KP - Katherine Patton Hall when addressing me you stated you are not making any decisions but clearly you are. The directors terms were not at their end only Mr creeley’s was the others had at least 2 more years of service.You are regurgitating the beliefs of mermaid. Mr. Creeley did not even swear in to his new term so how could he resign a position he wasn’t even sworn into?You addressed Tomk stating people’s names but not all the ones involved. Mermaid the district 3 rep Maylynne stiillwell looking into website minutes has been in constant conflict with the association, staff, and boards for YEARS ! easily accessible through the years of minutes on the website. I attended a meeting in the early stages of the last elected board 2018 when 3 of the new directors -( all women )revealed private meetings with mermaid and the other director .was this to manipulate the voting of the board ? Supposedly they were saying there was proof of these meetings. Tomk is absolutely correct in his opinion this is child’s play! According to mermaid every election and everything people don’t agree on with her is illegal and corrupt!!

414D-138b if a director is elected by a class, chapter, or other organizational unit, or by region or other geographic grouping the director may be removed only by the members of that class, chapter, unit, or grouping.
Article 8 section 2 part d- terms of the board commence immediately following adjournment of the June membership meeting at which the election results are announced
Sect 2 part e- board members elected or appointed must be sworn in and sign the oath of office before assuming their positions ( this does not say anyone must be present or witnessed by directors or members to have known of this)
So if mermaid and the other director decide he is not a director that is law?

Leo maybe seeing as you voice the former directors to be held accountable legally please referTo 414D-155
Reni if I were a director or former director what you say may or even may not make sense
"And Obie is? It really doesn’t matter but would be nice to know who I’m really talking to."

Larry Obermann everyone has called me Obie for the last 50 years.

This is what the judge ruled :

CRT: NOTED IT HAD A DISCUSSION
W/COUNSELS IN CHAMBERS;
INSTRUCTED COUNSELS TO CONFER
W/THEIR
RESPECTIVE CLIENTS; SHOULD
THERE BE NO AGREEMENT
BETWEEN THE PARTIES, THE CRT
WILL ORDER PARTIES
TOMEDIATION; STRONGLY
SUGGESTED WHEN PARTIES MEET,
TO HAVE A NEUTRAL FACILITATOR
PRESENT .

Do you see anything there about a judge ruling If Crelly is a board member or not ? Also, it was Mermaid who decided on her own that Crelly hadn't filled out the paperwork correctly and presented her own candidate.She didn't have any authority to do that. She doesn't understand the bylaws and needs to go away.
Let me start with responding to Larry Obermann...

You need to read the entire lawsuit Larry Kawaauhau has filed against Mayelin Stillwell, Leslie Blythe AND HPPOA, not just the judge’s comments you list. I don’t know what was said when the attorney met with Larry K., et al, but I do know what happened when we met with the attorney representing HPPOA et al. We ALL agreed to sit down and talk together with Larry, et al to try to work things out but the attorney said he (Larry) wouldn’t. So more money spent on legal fees that could be prevented. We even agreed to recognize Craig Crelly if they would recognize the rest of us. No go! Better to drag this out and create havoc with the association.

So, my suggestion is you go back and read the lawsuit in its entirety and not just pick certain parts that are convenient. I could be wrong but you could be wrong too.

I don’t have any knowledge of Crelly not filling out the proper paperwork but because it directly impacts the current situation, it might be interesting to research.

KP
KP
KP you said Mylynn might have a copy of Craig creeley’s time stamped app as she was on the board at that time - no that was the 2018 elections and maylynn was actually not on the board but she was on the nominating committee maybe even the chair for the committee at that time and ran for a district director unopposed -maybe this should have Been viewed as a huge conflict?
Also this would not impact the current situation the 2019 elections are a separate election
quote:
Originally posted by Stillwater

KP you said Mylynn might have a copy of Craig creeley’s time stamped app as she was on the board at that time - no that was the 2018 elections and maylynn was actually not on the board but she was on the nominating committee maybe even the chair for the committee at that time and ran for a district director unopposed -maybe this should have Been viewed as a huge conflict?
Also this would not impact the current situation the 2019 elections are a separate election

I don’t see that as being a conflict of interest at all. Why would it be?

When I responded it sounded as if it was in regards to 2019. I’m sorry if that wasn’t the case.

KP
KP
Thank you, KPHawaii - the conversation has suddenly become much more civil. Much appreciation for helping to make that possible.