Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Louis Kealoha not in jail?

Louis is back in the news, an alleged altercation w/ his half brother.
Question.....
Why is Louis still free?  I recall that "sentencing" was moved to mid March.
Buy why is a man , who was  found guilty, months ago  of Obstruction,
conspiracy, identity theft and bank fraud still free?

- Updated February 20 at 11:56 AM HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow)

-" Former Honolulu Police Chief and convicted felon Louis Kealoha believes he should spend less than three years for his crimes. Kealoha’s attorney made the argument in a court document that his since been sealed, citing Kealoha’s “long and distinguished record of service and contribution to the community." The document said Kealoha "served with distinction” for more than 30 years “before committing his offenses of conviction.” Kealoha was found guilty last year of obstruction, conspiracy, identity theft and bank fraud."
Former Honolulu Police Chief and convicted felon

Sounds like the right people to me.
I had a former employee who was convicted of a federal offense and gave me as a reference for having previously done some good deeds. When they called to talk to me about him, I was told that the federal system requires extensive pre-sentencing investigations that can take months to complete. If the convicted person is already out on bail, they stay out until it is done unless they commit another crime or piss off the judge. On the upside, I was also told that there was no parole in the federal system once imprisoned, although they do have limited time off for good behavior.
The good old buddy system. At least he was convicted in Federal court if in state court he wouldn't get anytime.

jrw
jrw
He was only an officer of the law right?
They may have figured Mrs Kealoha influenced him to commit those crimes. She may have been the master mind behind the crimes who should serve the time.
Wonder what kind of sentence the guy who was being framed for stealing Mr and Miss Kealoha's mailbox would have received?

They may have considered his 30 years of community service and his side against drugs, crime and prostitution as well.
Why is Louis Kealoha not in jail?

Professional courtesy.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
." If the convicted person is already out on bail, they stay out until it is done unless they commit another crime or piss off the judge"
Mahalo Chunkster.......he was out on bail prior to the trial. This must be the legal reason.
I'd like to see all the homeless who hang out and/or live in the streets in Pahoa and Hilo in jail too. They'd have a clean and warm bed, food, forced detox, safety, a little life direction perhaps and more. We need a big jail not homeless camps. Those who cannot afford a van to live in need a jail cell.
We need a big jail

Who will pay for this?
How does the rest of the USA pay for their jails?