Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

Reportedly the Kona costco is only allowing 50 customers in the store at a time.

If that's so, I envision the parking lot still full with long lines waiting for people to be admitted as people leave with their purchases.

Still don't see me making a trip over.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
It's actually 250 but the line to get in wraps completely around the store and the wait is over 2 hours.

Did I really need a 50 lb box of cheerios ?
Went to Costuless an hour ago for laundry soap and dish soap. Had to park in bowling alley. Almost no cleaning supplies. Families with three carts. No one making eye contact. I left! Lemmings running for the abyss? Don’t spend all you money on things you don’t need! Live Aloha!
Amazon announced it is temporarily halting shipments of some items:

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees.

We are seeing increased online shopping, and as a result some products such as household staples and medical supplies are out of stock. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers.

For products other than these, we have temporarily disabled shipment creation. We are taking a similar approach with retail vendors.

This will be in effect today through April 5, 2020, and we will let you know once we resume regular operations. Shipments created before today will be received at fulfillment centers.

You can learn more about this on this Help page. Please note that Selling Partner Support does not have further guidance.

We understand this is a change to your business, and we did not take this decision lightly. We are working around the clock to increase capacity and yesterday announced that we are opening 100,000 new full- and part-time positions in our fulfillment centers across the US.

We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize the above products for our customers.
For products other than these, we have temporarily disabled shipment creation. This will be in effect today through April 5, 2020, and we will let you know once we resume regular operations.

Wow - nothing but food & meds? What other other high-demand products are still shipping?

When did Noah build the ark? Before the storm.
Just got back from Safeway in Hilo. For those who are interested they have 12 packs of T.P. in limited stock. Limit, 2 per customer... and on sale!!
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Also I might add that the lines at the checkouts today at Safeway were huge. I went in to buy some yeast to make bread (which seems to be very hard to find).....saw the lines and walked right out. Finally found yeast packets in Pahoa's Malama Market.
Best to go early morning.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
We were at Safeway at about 0930 today and the checkout lines were normal. So was traffic in the store. We went there mainly for the meat and there were slim pickins.

You can make good bread with champagne yeast. But bread yeast makes horrible champagne.

ETA: Safeway had a big TP display right by the front door. There was no price listed or any mention of a limit, but they definitely had it. I did see that most people were buying two packages. It was a 6 pack of "mega rolls".
Real roquefort. At Safeway. In the deli area. $10 for a small package. It may seem like a lot, but unless you've ever tried to milk a sheep and ferment it in an actual cave in France and THEN ship it to an island in the middle of nowhere... suddenly $10 seems very reasonable! Just because we can't always find TP doesn't mean we have to live like cave people.

ETA: replaced a word that is less likely to be considered offensive, because that is the world we live in today.