Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
Just got back from Safeway, it was pretty much as macuu described. I bought a big bottle of salsa.

I’m set!

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Luquin's sells their homemade salsa to take home.
Foodland to provide special shopping hours for seniors:

//www.khon2.com/coronavirus-2/foodland-to-provide-special-shopping-hours-for-seniors/
I’ll check out the Luquins salsa. Are they as busy now with the virus? Every time I went by there was no room in the lot!

My wife and I have switched to going at lunch time or mid afternoon. Not crowded at all.

The parking lot isn't always a good indication, it fills up and there are still tables.Some of the cars are door dash delivery drivers.
Sorry to change the subject but ... I was talking with the wife a while back; she mentioned that we seem to have a lot more water than we have toilet paper trees. I ordered a bidet.

Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

My wife and I have switched to going at lunch time or mid afternoon. Not crowded at all.

The parking lot isn't always a good indication, it fills up and there are still tables.Some of the cars are door dash delivery drivers.

Very few are door dash delivery drivers. they have always had a decent amount of carryout though. 1/4th of the parking lot is from the employees. They should utilize the unused drive-thru to park their vehicles.
Just a quick summary from Wednesday
- Neither Walmart or Target had any toilet paper - sh!t must be real
- Same goes for bleach, rubbing alcohol, most pain meds
- Whole aisles in Target were close to empty, no soups or pasta for instance
- Heard someone say that Target was the only place in town they managed to find peanut butter
- Both locations were hit and miss for any particular item but a trip to both, if needed, can find most essentials
- Conditions and availability will change day by day and hour by hour.
- The stocking crews at both locations deserve a raise

Probably best to not wait till the last minute if you need something. I suggest having at least one replacement for commonly used items and restocking when you start on the last of any item.

There is a tangible sense of panic floating about. I find it helps to make a list, be willing to accept substitutes, and maintain awareness of your surroundings to get your shopping done quickly and safely.

Those using Amazon Prime still getting their meals in a box? (Haven't tested this out yet for myself)
Thanks for the update. Approximately what time were you at each store?
This was about 10a to Noon. Was running other errands in the area in between stops. I'm glad to see they are setting aside early hours for seniors to shop when most things should be stocked and the stores are the most clean.