Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
Went to costco yesterday (Friday) and figured I would have to stand in line so went early - but they now also have an hour for seniors-only: they open at 09:00 and from then until 10:00 you get carded at the door for over 60.

They had most things - but no TP; limited boxed tissue; bottled water 1 case per customer - no returns; no disinfectant wipes; but plenty of simple green. And, getting in early, we didn't have to scrum for rotisserie chicken (but I think one to a customer).

They do have some social distancing rules - one customer per cashier; clean the conveyor before the next one; you hold your receipt going out the door for the monitor to read and mark it. The fast food place was open but I didn't partake so don't know what rules are in operation there...

Overall pretty smooth -
It's getting real. I was at Long's the other day and all the Spam is gone !
I was told a mask and gloves were enough to go to the store.

They were wrong, everyone else was wearing clothes.....

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
USPS near Hilo airport finally has some social distancing implementations. Signs instructing of CDC guidelines to stay 6 feet apart and tape on the floors in 6 feet increments so people know where to stand. Of course, it's only implemented in the small lobby area near the service counters where the employees work. Outside the lobby doors people just congregate waiting to get into lobby and potentially spread germs.

Went to Tractor Supply today (opening day). Pretty slick operation. They have an indoor drive through. You can load up on livestock supplies without leaving your vehicle.

Orchidland True Value has cones showing people where to stand to be "next". Also the clerks were wearing nitrile gloves.
Signs instructing of CDC guidelines to stay 6 feet apart and tape on the floors in 6 feet increments so people know where to stand.

“Draconian” government measures which consequently result in safer conditions for the public.

Outside the lobby doors people just congregate and potentially spread germs.

A free-for-all, but like William Wallace shouted at the end of of Braveheart, “Freedom! Freedom!” With potentially the same fate for those mulling about as befell Wallace.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
William Wallace and his band of men were well armed until "The Government" took that away and cut his guts out.

Plan accordingly.

were well armed until "The Government" took that away

Returning to Hawaii and the reality of who is far more likely to take your guns, from an actual event in Puna:

The men demanded the couple to open a safe inside the house and proceeded to take ten firearms and cash before fleeing the scene in the victim's white 2012 Toyota Tundra pick-up truck, with Hawaii license plate ZEN-009.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3858...ple-slept/

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
So, time to start sleeping with guns under our pillows? Criminals suck, especially at a time like this.

Anyone been to cost-u-less lately? I have to imagine they are gutted, especially if they get a lot of stuff from Costco...
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

were well armed until "The Government" took that away

Returning to Hawaii and the reality of an actual event in Puna:

The men demanded the couple to open a safe inside the house and proceeded to take ten firearms and cash before fleeing the scene in the victim's white 2012 Toyota Tundra pick-up truck, with Hawaii license plate ZEN-009.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3858...ple-slept/

So laws about law abiding citizens requiring them to go through background checks, waiting periods, and locking guns up in safes are ineffective!? How did this happen?!

Because of course... the non law-abiding citizens who have illegal guns...who law abiding citizens cannot get because of... the non-law abiding citizens

It's almost like... gun laws only apply to people who want to follow the law. People who want to follow the law don't commit crimes.. Everybody else is exempt!

(broken record)

ETA: drama

Things change daily but Cost U Less has had all the usual minus borax, TP, and rubbing alcohol. I was last there TH. Costco I was at yesterday and had everything but same aforementioned items (replace borax w lysol). The trouble w traveling to Kona (alone anyhow) is “kinds” of food is limited to one, so I could not buy wet and dry dog food. Kind is “dog”, one flat of eggs,etc God knows what a family of 5 or more does....